Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Experts NEEDED!  (Read 5546 times)

cmosbios

Experts NEEDED!
« on: June 27, 2004, 10:45:20 PM »
I recently posted this question before, basicaly whats happening is I tried clearing the cmos, the way it happens on my motherboard is you put a jumper on 2 pins that say cmos clear next to them, there ar'nt 3 pins like most motherboards today probably because my motherboard is an oldie, after doing this you turn the computer on for 3 sec or more and turn it off then remove the jumper and everything should be working.

But my screen doesn't turn on now the LED just turns orange and there's no image what so ever on the screen. People have been telling me there should be a battery somewhere on the motherboard but unless my brain does'nt allow an image of a battery to process it, I cant find it!

I tried resetting it again but for longer period's
I tried unhooking all my equipment inside
My hard drive,fans & LED's still work

My motherboard cant be wrecked because this is how the manual suggests you do it.

Here is my manual http://www.asus.com/pub/asus/mb/sock7/430hx/p55t2p4/p55t2p4-311.pdf

Please I need to finish typing a report for school, can anyone help?

Raptor

Re: Experts NEEDED!
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2004, 06:08:53 AM »
If you there is urgency in typing the report, you should take out your harddisk and install it as a slaver on the computer you are using now and take off your (unfinished?) report.

Be sure to demagnetize your hands.

I suggest you contact your mainboard manufacturer their technical support to see what you can do about your BIOS battery or jumper.

merlin

Re: Experts NEEDED!
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2004, 02:50:00 PM »
are we talking about this >http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/pdf/epromdeluxe.htm  and does this apply to you?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2004, 02:56:14 PM by merlin »