Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: LOG-IN / NO LOG-IN?  (Read 1936 times)

aarkrao

Topic Starter

Rookie

LOG-IN / NO LOG-IN?
    « on: May 03, 2011, 09:31:28 AM »

Hi,
    I remember, in order to post a question on any topic, earlier you had to login and I used to.

But today, while posting a query on Software, I did not get the Login screen and my post was displayed just like that.

Is the Log in no more required?

Thanks

RK

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: LOG-IN / NO LOG-IN?
    « Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 09:52:54 AM »
    When logging in username and password, there is an option to tick always stay logged in. So if you close browser without logging out, you will be directed here already logged in. Just not sure after reboot or restarting PC.

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 04:09:33 PM »
      From my experience once the option "there is an option to tick always stay logged in" is chosen as observed by jason2074  it is never necessary to use the login process even on reboot or restarting PC. I suspect the only ways to stop that may be to "log out" but not sure if even that would override . Changing the parameter to require a log in would also stop the always logged in feature. Certainly changing to another computer where the alway logged in option has not been selected will also require a log in. truenorth

aarkrao

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 05:06:28 PM »
        Thank you, Sirs, to BOTH of you.