Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Multiple problems related? Sound, scanner, USB  (Read 3529 times)

Kalinat

Multiple problems related? Sound, scanner, USB
« on: May 04, 2011, 04:51:35 PM »
My problems may have been caused by trying to install an old Logitech webcam that was not compatible with my HP Pavilion (p6213w).  A few days later I noticed that there was no sound.  With the help of HP support chat I downloaded and reinstalled driver for Realtek High Def sound, but after 3-4 hours and 3 different techs, still no sound!! 

The last tech told me I should back up my files and reformat!  I plugged in my Passport Elite and it wouldn't work either! (I tested it on my laptop and it's not the Passport that doesn't work).  (However, the USB does work with a flashdrive, charging ipod, etc.)

THEN I had to scan/fax something and I get a "scanner not detected" message even though I have an All in One and the printer works!  I tried copying something pushing the button on the printer and it works (in other words the scanner DOES work, but not with the computer).

What's going on here, anyone know?  Are all these problems related to trying to install the old webcam?  And how do I begin to fix this? 

Thank you from a very frustrated lady.

zz

• Experience: Beginner
    Re: Multiple problems related? Sound, scanner, USB
    « Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 04:40:15 AM »
    At first , what is your webcam model  ? Secondly , what is your operating system and computer specification , try it

http://www.filehippo.com/download_speccy/

post here the report !!  :)