Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Plz recommend a graphic card  (Read 1855 times)

sanmil0963

Topic Starter

Beginner

Plz recommend a graphic card
    « on: May 12, 2011, 05:22:45 AM »
    I play this game called Wizard101. Don't know if u have heard of it or not, but my graphics are horrible. I thought if I upgrade my graphic card it would help. I do have the lastes vs of my current one, but it doesn't help. If you could please recommend a good one, that is not too expensive for my computer, I would appreciate it.

I have a HP Compaq dc5700
    Operation system is XP
    Srv pk 3

Is there any additional info u need 2 assist me.

thx so much.
    have a funtastic day.

Linux711

Mentor

• Yes
      • Programming Blog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Plz recommend a graphic card
    « Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 07:17:08 AM »
    You don't mention what your current graphics card is, so I can't tell if that is actually the reason your system is slow. I looked up your comp and it appears to not have a PCI express slot. If you want any kind of decent graphics, you need a computer with a PCI express. You can check yourself, incase the motherboard was switched out or something. If you don't know what PCI express looks like, just go to google images and open up your comp to see if you have one.

If it turns out that you don't, which is what I suspect, then you should get this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814139038

The price for performance here is really bad. If you are going to be gaming a lot on this comp, then you should look into getting a board with PCI express.
    YouTube

"Genius is persistence, not brain power." - Me

"Insomnia is just a byproduct of, "It can't be done"" - LaVolpe

sanmil0963

Topic Starter

Beginner

Re: Plz recommend a graphic card
      « Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 07:46:02 AM »
      The speed isn't the problem. That part of the game is fine. On this one particular game, there is a lot of flashing, sometimes bright lights.

Adapter: Intel R Q965/Q963 Express Chipset
      Bio: Intel Video Bios
      Chip Type: GMA 3000

Thanks for the help.