Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: crashed computer  (Read 5100 times)

dcalthetiger57

Re: crashed computer
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2005, 02:47:21 PM »
OK it is activated and the only two problems are no sound and it wont turn off from windows. It restarts again every time. Almost there but still not. I went into the safe mode and went to control panel then i went to system advanced, startup and recovery settings than i unchecked auto restart but it still does it. Any suggestions?

Raptor

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2005, 03:01:29 PM »
1. no sound and it wont turn off from windows.
2. It restarts again every time.

1. You still need to install soundcard drivers. These can be obtained from the manufacturer's website

2. Is your BIOS properly configured? Do you have an AT or ATX system?

When you normally power down the computer, does it ask you to press the power button or does it do this automatically?

merlin_2

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2005, 05:54:51 PM »
Re-install the o/s.imahao.

dcalthetiger57

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2005, 08:15:28 AM »
not sure about the bios but it usually shuts down without you having to press the off button. Will be looking for a site with the sound card. Thanks.

Raptor

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2005, 09:11:38 AM »
not sure about the bios but it usually shuts down without you having to press the off button. Will be looking for a site with the sound card. Thanks.

So Windows asks you to shut down the system instead of shutting down the PC itself like on modern systems, correct?

Do the following:

1. Right click on your Desktop
2. Properties
3. Screensaver tab
4. Energy button
5. Advanced
6. Energy button section
7. If I press the on/off system of this sytem:
8. Set this to Shutdown.

Items have been freely translated.

dcalthetiger57

« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2005, 09:35:41 AM »
not exactly what i meant was that whenever you shut it down  from the start icon on the task bar it shows that it is shutting down normally , saving settings etc.......... then the tower lights go off for maybe ahalff second then it starts up again. we are forced to press the button every time.

Raptor

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2005, 09:39:23 AM »
Make certain your BIOS power settings are configured properly, If you need assistance on how to access or navigate the BIOS see this article.