Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: lost files  (Read 2634 times)

tcpeters

Topic Starter

Rookie

lost files
    « on: May 22, 2011, 09:31:10 PM »
    Hey all,
    Woke up this morning and my some of my document files are missing. My pictures,my videos, and others are all gone. Did a search for the missing files and they show up in (off the top of my head) app data/microsoft/roaming/recent. Now i can't find anything. My memory in C drive hasn't gone down so I think the files are somewhere but I can't find them. Any thoughts?

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: lost files
    « Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, 10:49:02 PM »
    Have you tried changing your Folder options under view tab for Show/Do not show hidden files(click apply) and checking/unchecking hide protected system files? It could also be on a mulitple user account settings.

tcpeters

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2011, 11:23:33 PM »
      When I go to the folder for instance "Church videos" it says folder empty but when I right click and go to properties it says 667 files & 7 folders and says it's size is 214 GB.

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
      « Reply #3 on: May 22, 2011, 11:26:47 PM »
      Have you tried my suggestion on reply#1? Also if you are logging in to different user accounts, use the main or admin. account.

tcpeters

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2011, 11:50:05 PM »
        Thanks Jason
        It worked. Everything shows now! Whew!!!!
        Thanks again. I wonder what happened that changed it?

tcpeters

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2011, 11:56:27 PM »
          Now though, when i look at the folder my files look semi transparent. Everything works ok but it doesn't look quite right????

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
          « Reply #6 on: May 23, 2011, 12:53:47 AM »
          files look semi transparent
          At this point you could copy those files to another location in your hard drive but as long they are functional they will be fine. Right-click the folder and choose Properties and look for an option checked hidden and unticked it(Click apply). Although not all folders are applicable in this case.