Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: suddenly it automatically switch off..  (Read 5206 times)

Mohamad Irwan

suddenly it automatically switch off..
« on: June 28, 2004, 04:18:52 PM »
hi...
1st i'm sorry coz my english not so good..

my desktop pc... when i switch on it... and about 5-7 second it suddenly shut off by it self..

i ve checked the power supply...and i cant find the problem..i thought it might be my power suply blow out..

can somebody plz help me to settle tis problem>?.. i'm stuck wit tis bout couples of weeks.. and know i'm using my sis laptop..

plz...help me.. as soon as possiblle..

MalikTous

Re: suddenly it automatically switch off..
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2004, 11:47:02 AM »
Do you have a boot disk for DOS, or can you make a 'recovery' boot disk on your sister's PC?

Or can you make it into CMOS setup at all?

Also check your power switch. If it delays its return to off by about 4 seconds, the PC shuts off with it.

If you have anything in your BIOS Power Management set to wake or shut off your machine, disable it.

You may need to replace a weak power supply, or you just may need to strip the machine completely down to remove dust, then reassemble it. Or you may have a failing MB. My friend's system acted something like this when his MB processor voltage core regulators began deteriorating, on a Shuttle AK12 mainboard. He has a ASUS now.