Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Low Resources  (Read 3651 times)

clare

Low Resources
« on: June 29, 2004, 01:56:15 PM »
Hi
I'm not sure I'm in the right part of the forum, but here goes!  My computer has started giving me 'the computer is low in resources...' message and then the whole system freezes.  I have to pull the plug out! Can anyone help me with this? I am a real novice so pretend you're talking to a child!
thanks Clare
« Last Edit: June 29, 2004, 01:58:02 PM by clare »

Raptor

Re: Low Resources
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2004, 02:19:49 PM »
Computers are for grown-ups, kiddo.

I donot think this is going to work, Clare.

Let's try a different approach:
What have you done before your computer has shown you this particulair error? Have you changed any settings?

What operating system are you using?

When is the last time you defragmented your harddisk or checked for errors?

This may or may not apply to your situation:

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000374.htm

Feed us more input, if you can.

Ed Watkins

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2005, 05:46:14 PM »
I don't know what operating system you're using, but when I was running Win98SE I got "low resources" frequently.  I'm not a computer guru, but I Googled "low resources" and found that 98 has a set amount of memory dedicated to running programs and when you get close to the limit you get that message.  My son told me that XP would solve the problem as it dynamically allocates resources as needed.  It helps to have 512 K, by-the-way (but that didn't help with 98).  Anyhow, since he installed XP-a Christmas gift-for me, I've had no problems whatsoever.  i suggest you update to XP.  If you're already running XP, I give up.  Since I admit I'm not technically qualified,  I'll defer to anyone who has a better answer.  

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2005, 06:08:20 PM »
Ed... With all due respect... This is a very old topic... I would be suprised if this person is still checking with us for answers...

[glb]Flame[/glb]