Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Packard bell GN45-032 "OPERATING SYSTEM NOT FOUND"  (Read 4939 times)

shark2011

Packard bell GN45-032 "OPERATING SYSTEM NOT FOUND"
« on: June 08, 2011, 02:35:31 PM »
HI TO ALL!!! HOPE YOU CAN HELP ME TO FIND SOLUTION IN MY PROBLEM ...I'M GETTING DEPRESS REASERCHING AND FINDING THE ANSWER TRHU INTERNET TO SOLVE MY PROBLEM. IT WAS HAPPEN WHEN I START SYSTEM RECOVERING IN MY LAPTOP DUE TO VERY POOR AND SLOW PERFORMANCE. SO, I DECIDED TO USE MY RECOVERY CD AND WHEN IT FINISH MY LAPTOP WON'T START UP JUST ON AND OFF REPEATEDLY.. MAYBE ITS MY HARD DRIVE NEED TO REFORMAT OR PARTITION....I TRIED RECOVERING BEFORE AND IT WAS SUCCESFUL BUT THIS TIME IT WASN'T...

HARD DRIVE - SAMSUNG
OS - XP

THANK'S IN ADVANCE!!!!

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Packard bell GN45-032 "OPERATING SYSTEM NOT FOUND"
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 04:30:20 PM »
Welcome!
Computer Hope is the number one location for free computer help.
The forum will help everyone with all computer questions.

Turn off CAPS!
Do NOT re format your hard drive.
Your laptop is a Packard bell GN45-032 -Right?
It came with Windows XP and you have a recovery disc. The recovery disc did not work. Do you know what type of recovery disk you have?
Exactly what error messages did you receive.

FYI:
A. Rreplcement nof the hard drive should not be expensive, but it may not be the problem.
B. Failure of the motherboard is probable, but not certain. It will cost more to replace the motherboard. About the cost of a good used Packard-Bell on the used market.

Do not try anything until  other members respond.

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Packard bell GN45-032 "OPERATING SYSTEM NOT FOUND"
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 07:10:12 PM »
Try referring here for other steps to perform-> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321626
Look up into connecting your HD to another PC to see if you can backup your files.