Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Wireless Internet connection lost  (Read 2608 times)

jschnack

Topic Starter

Starter

Wireless Internet connection lost
    « on: June 08, 2011, 02:48:39 PM »
    I suspect due to storm surge, I have lost wireless connectivity to laptop.  ISP to Modem then to Linksys WRT54G router.  If connect laptop directly to modem everything is fine.  I can also establish a new connection I think called linksys but then haven't yet found how to set up encryption and all the associated stuff for new connection.  I am seeking assistance in merely re-establishing the connection the has been in place for several years.

The re-booting does nothing, the disable, enable does nothing, the factory re-set does nothing.  That is about the extent of my computer knowledge.   Assistance is appreciated.

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Wireless Internet connection lost
    « Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 11:58:20 PM »
    One way to check your wireless card is to check on another open wireless connection or a hotspot. Also checking your hardware status under device manager, reinstalling the driver, managing wireless network connectivity and your wireless network settings.

jimmii01

Re: Wireless Internet connection lost
    « Reply #2 on: June 11, 2011, 04:09:31 AM »
    That can be bug issue for security purpose.You may contact from Managed Network Services for more info and help.