Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Internet connection freezes  (Read 2137 times)

Bromley-UK

Internet connection freezes
« on: August 24, 2005, 12:08:32 PM »
Hey,

Having searched the forums I couldn't find anything that was similar to the problems I've been encountering so I thought that I'd start a new thread.

My problem is this. My computer can not maintain its internet connection over time. Being very inexperienced with computers I may well not highlight the problem well enough, but I will do my best.

Basically whilst I'm browsing the internet with firefox I will be given the message "xxxx could not be found" or some such similar message. This prevents me from loading any new pages or refreshing the page I am on. However my computer will maintain connections with video game servers and instant messaging programs for example.

Basically I think that my computer becomes unable to launch new IP connections, even if the ones I'm holding at the time are canceled.

So, I heard the problem was being caused by Microsofts Zero Configuration Connection wizard and that the program to use to maintain the wireless network connection was available on a disk they had provided me with, it wasn't. This problem occurs with all computers on the wireless network, even though they have different network cards.

What I would like is if someone could tell me how to fix this problem or point me in the direction of a wireless netwrok connection program which will.

Any reply much appreciated,

Brom

Bromley-UK

Re: Internet connection freezes
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2005, 12:29:34 PM »
Thank you, I'll give it a read.  ;)

Raptor

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2005, 02:38:37 PM »
What has caused this problem to occur?

Have you scanned for Viruses, Trojan Horses and Spyware?

Bromley-UK

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2005, 05:00:47 AM »
No, I've had it since day#1 - my PC is void of all such things, I scan regularly.

I'm just looking for a different piece of software to run the configuration.  :-[

Raptor

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2005, 06:05:59 AM »
What scanners are you using?