Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: My laptop has an Internet Connection but will not open a web page  (Read 3954 times)

Affliction331

I have been having this issue for a while and I cannot seem to get it working. My laptop says I have internet, everything is at a default setting and nothing has been changed that I know of. I have a internet connection until I open my browser and then I notice that it changes to no internet for a brief second and then it cancels the load on the web page and then it says I have internet again. Very frustrating. Any one have any ideas on what my problem could be? Could it be my ISP, or just my laptop?

Also my desktop runs perfect on the internet and I have tried reseting my router and running a hardline to my laptop as well and it still hasn't worked.

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: My laptop has an Internet Connection but will not open a web page
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 12:52:05 AM »
How are you connecting to your laptop? Wired or wireless? Does it happen on both connections? What particular browser did you used and have you tried using another one? You could try direct connecting first to your ISP modem to check the difference. Another one is to take your laptop and connect it to another location and connect it wired or wireless. Check for any installed web scanners, phishing filters installed and try disabling or removing them.

hedgehog88

Beginner

• Experience: Beginner
    Re: My laptop has an Internet Connection but will not open a web page
    « Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 11:26:39 PM »
    I would suggest going to the laptop manufacturer website and see if there is a network driver newer than the version your currently have.