Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Syncing iPhone 4 with different device.  (Read 5347 times)

chriscool9

Topic Starter

Apprentice

• Experience: Beginner
    Syncing iPhone 4 with different device.
    « on: June 20, 2011, 02:29:43 PM »
    Hello there all,
    Basically I'm wanting to associate my iPhone with a different computer now. It was connected to my laptop but that has sine become unreliable and as such, would like it paired with my desktop. I've done some research but cant get a deiffinitive answer. If I 'Erase and Sync' will I loose everything? From what I understand it erases pictures (which ive backed up) and music. Am I correct in saying nothing else will be lost, ie Messages, Whatsapp, Contacts etc

Thanks
    Chris
    « Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 02:40:02 PM by chriscool9 »

99 Problems and London's one of them

Transfusion

Mentor

• STUPID=Smart Talented Unique Person In Demand
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: Syncing iPhone 4 with different device.
    « Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 06:22:35 AM »
    Erase and sync will erase your applications, application data, songs, movies photo album photos(not the camera roll). messages, phonebook, alarm clock, etc. will not be erased.

Source: Spent countless hours wrestling with the Apple Devil, the iPhone.
    In Soviet Russia, iPhone touch you. Computer shut you down. Mouse click you. Floppy inserts you. Yahoo answers you. Man in TV watches you. Computer game addicts you. Guitar shreds you. Motherboard fries you. The laughter in manslaughter is put back in.
    Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none