Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Keyboard stop working  (Read 2284 times)

Johannessss

Keyboard stop working
« on: June 30, 2011, 01:45:59 PM »
Hi, my problem is as follows. Different numbers on the keyboard has stopped working, at first there was just "h". But when I got back from work the other day "t "space" "c"6""7""g""v" also wouldn't work. This started happening after i got a different adapter to the computer, its a laptop. This adapter has between 17 to 21 volts and the computer has 19 volts. I went to the place where i bought the adapter before all this happened to see if it would work with my computer. They told me it would... and it does.

My question is, how can i get my keyboard to work again?   :(

I'm using windows 7

DamianLohrenz

Greenhorn

• Experience: Experienced
    Re: Keyboard stop working
    « Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 11:49:48 PM »
    Hello Johannessss!

I personally would get rid of the adapter and try a new one. Plus if your adapter is 17-21 volts and your computer only has 19, this is probably the reason why. If there isnt enough power to the adapter things will just not work.. I suggest getting a adapter with a lower Voltage intake.

Salmon Trout

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2011, 12:09:03 AM »
    if your adapter is 17-21 volts and your computer only has 19

That is a completely useless answer. The same weaknesses in English, arithmetic and basic electricity seem to be shared by the OP and the first responder. Plus those German sounding screen names are a bit fishy...  19 volts required by the computer is within the power adapters' allowed range of 17 to 21 volts and is thus OK. Also the power supply gives electricity and the computer takes it. The repetition of these errors in both posts makes me wonder whether Johannes and DamianLohrenz are the same person.

Transfusion

Mentor

• STUPID=Smart Talented Unique Person In Demand
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    « Reply #3 on: July 01, 2011, 01:09:47 AM »
    Salmon Trout ;), I do not want to start a flame war or anything like that, but Johannes is a Latin name ;), occurring most frequently in Estonia, Denmark, and Iceland. Secondly, Johannes can you tell us more about the "adapter" that caused the problem. There might be a manual voltage control that had been set incorrectly.
    In Soviet Russia, iPhone touch you. Computer shut you down. Mouse click you. Floppy inserts you. Yahoo answers you. Man in TV watches you. Computer game addicts you. Guitar shreds you. Motherboard fries you. The laughter in manslaughter is put back in.
    Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none