Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Which is the good software testing institute?  (Read 2478 times)

Lay Berls

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
    Which is the good software testing institute?
    « on: May 28, 2011, 08:18:10 AM »
    Hello All,

I want to do a Software Testing Course but confused about the institute.Could anyone tell me which is the institute which imparts good training & job placement or if anyone can tell me any other institute.

Thanks lot
    Lay Berls

truenorth

Guru

Re: Which is the good software testing institute?
      « Reply #1 on: May 28, 2011, 11:07:03 AM »
      If your intention is to pursue your goal at a bricks and mortar teaching facility (as opposed to an online option) then your resident country may help others to advise you. truenorth

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
      • Geek After Dark
        • Gekk9pm bnlog
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #2 on: May 28, 2011, 01:42:14 PM »
      There are at least two, maybe more, so-called institutes that offer such material and have a bad reputation. Be very careful.

A Software Test Technician is a legitimate hob title.  However, certification or training for this job is not, at the present time, well defined.

Some new companies have just come on-line. This seems rather odd. Software testing has been around a long time. So one would ask, why are new companies just now offering courses?

Hey, it is a conspiracy to get you money and time and ruin your life.

Really, I am not just making this up. Here are some videos to watch and you will get the idea of what is really going on out there. It is a new scam every day.
      The Truth About Software Testing Jobs <- Click on this from Yahoo Video.

JamieMi

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 06:21:16 AM »
      Can we assume you are looking for software test certification when you discuss an institute?  If you are just looking for training, there are any number of training companies that run test training.  If you want certification, and are in the US, there are 3 organizations that offer certification.  There are those who denigrate certification, often for spurious reasons.  There are both good and bad arguments for certification; any discussion on the topic should be (excuse the term) fair and balanced.  Please feel free to contact me if you would like to start a discussion.