Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Yellow color in mail.  (Read 3207 times)

Bobh

Yellow color in mail.
« on: July 24, 2011, 03:17:27 PM »
Hi -
I have Vista Home Basic  32 bit.  I think my mail is Yahoo mail.  I recently changed from Internet Explorer 7 to Internet Explorer 8.
Since that time when I go to mail and click on anything (inbox, etc.) a yellow strip appears behind what I click on.  This makes the
item I am clicking on very hard to read.  Can I get rid of the yellow strip or at least change it to another color.   Thank for help.
Bob

truenorth

Guru

Re: Yellow color in mail.
    « Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 04:11:18 PM »
    Usually a yellow strip associated with an open e-mail message contains some form of warning or advisory. It is not normally covering a part of the message but contains it's own message offering you information and usually an option to DO something. Is that the type of situation you are talking about?truenorth

Bobh

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 07:48:31 PM »
    truenorth -
    Thanks for the reply.  I can't see any type of action with the yellow stripe.   For instance when I am getting ready to read my mail I click on "inbox" and the inbox turns yellow.  When the mail comes up I click on the subject of the mail to bring it up so that I can read it.  When I do that the subject line turns yellow.  It is like it is being highlighted.  However it is hard to read through the yellow. 
    Bob

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 08:54:43 PM »
      Ok that is certainly different to what i was relating to. I am not familiar with that phenomenon. Others may be. Let us wait and see. truenorth

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #4 on: July 24, 2011, 09:45:44 PM »
      Have you tried clicking Options/Colors on the far right side of your Yahoo account page? Try hitting refresh or compatibility view near the URL search box while on Ymail. Have you tried also checking Ymail on other browsers?

2x3i5x

Expert
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #5 on: July 24, 2011, 11:21:54 PM »
      Have you tried changing the yahoo mail's theme to a different one, something that's more readable.

The yahoo mail I have is the latest version upgraded, and I have set to a green theme which is pretty easy to read with.

This is assuming that's where the yellow you mention is coming from.
      « Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 11:32:02 PM by 2x3i5x »

Bobh

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2011, 05:25:12 AM »
      Hi -
      Thanks for the several replies.  I will check the suggestions today as I have time and will get back with results.   Bob

Bobh

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2011, 09:03:29 AM »
      Hi -
      Thanks to the suggestions.  I checked on options and then themes.  I selected "steel" because I could read it good.  You guys
      sure are a help to me.  I'm learning.        Mark this problem solved.       Bob