Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I cant hear sound from youtube. Could it have something to do with cookies?  (Read 4971 times)

Jack Catalano

Topic Starter

Intermediate

• Experience: Beginner
    While I still have internet which is good, I still have no sound on youtube. Now I know that its been posted about me installing sound drivers and stuff but could it have something to do with cookies. When the cookies are blocked, doesnt that screw up your computer? I dont know if my cookies are blocked, but maybe thats why I cant get sound on youtube. What would I have to do to see what cookies I have and to unblock some of those cookies to get sound back on youtube, dailymotion, hulu etc.?

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.

Jack Catalano

Topic Starter

Intermediate

Thanks for your help. The thing is that half way down the link that you gave me, number 3 about the settings, it says video.google.com. Well when I do it for a youtube video, it says- s.ytimg.com. How do I get rid of that because I cant see any solution on the adobe flash player website.

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
      That's youtube images. Have you followed and finished the suggestion given on that link?

Jack Catalano

Topic Starter

Intermediate

Yes, I tried but theres still no sound. I dont know what else to do because I've done everything else. The website I gave you above is still there.  I've never heard of the website before and I dont know how to get rid of it.  I thought I deleted it and even restarted my computer but theres still no sound.

2x3i5x

Expert
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Familiar
        is there sound when you try to play something on your computer (i.e., an mp3 file  with windows media player?) or is this just a web problem?

Jack Catalano

Topic Starter

Intermediate

Theres no sound with anything.

Jack Catalano

Topic Starter

Intermediate

Now this is interesting. I opened up Realplayer and I got youtube on there and I have sound too. Its weird. So now if I want youtube videos, I guess I have to open up Realplayer. The thing is on realplayer when I open youtube it works fine. I get the videos fine, the sound is fine, etc. Thats very weird isnt it?

2x3i5x

Expert
            what browser were you using to watch youtube videos (when you first started having no sound?) Firefox, internet explorer or something else?

Try a different browser than the one you normally use to see what happens, apparently your sound card is working fine on your computer.

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
            You may need to reinstall the latest version of Adobe Flash. Your media player might have set as default causing to affect certain glitch. Watching Youtube videos on my end is direct access to browsers and not to any real or media players.

Jack Catalano

Topic Starter

Intermediate

what browser were you using to watch youtube videos (when you first started having no sound?) Firefox, internet explorer or something else?

Try a different browser than the one you normally use to see what happens, apparently your sound card is working fine on your computer.

Im using internet explorer 8 and I believe I was using that when I started getting no sound although it could have been internet explorer 7. I dont think I can change back to internet explorer 7.

Jack Catalano

Topic Starter

Intermediate

You may need to reinstall the latest version of Adobe Flash. Your media player might have set as default causing to affect certain glitch. Watching Youtube videos on my end is direct access to browsers and not to any real or media players.

I have the latest adobe flash player.  Im sorry to come off like a total idiot but when you say that "my media player might have set as default causing to affect certain glitch" what does that mean? How would I be able to change it,  if I have to change it?

2x3i5x

Expert
                1. Youtube should not have anything to do with any media player, it's a website.

2. You sure you don't have youtube muted by accident when in Internet explorer 8?

3. You can try resetting internet explorer 8

4. If that Internet explorer still not working right with youtube, I would try installing Google Chrome and see if youtube works properly this time. Chrome already has flash player bundled with it, so you don't need get the standalone plugin installer.

I see when you used realplayer and there was sound.,,, just some suggestions here ,,, hopefully something works out for you.

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
                Real media player allows you to stream, download videos and act as a media browser. Other users are also having the same issue on playing YT videos either on browser or their installed media player. http://www.longtailvideo.com/support/forums/jw-player/bug-reports/9221/youtube-videos-are-without-sound

Jack Catalano

Topic Starter

Intermediate

1. Youtube should not have anything to do with any media player, it's a website.

2. You sure you don't have youtube muted by accident when in Internet explorer 8?

3. You can try resetting internet explorer 8

4. If that Internet explorer still not working right with youtube, I would try installing Google Chrome and see if youtube works properly this time. Chrome already has flash player bundled with it, so you don't need get the standalone plugin installer.

I see when you used realplayer and there was sound.,,, just some suggestions here ,,, hopefully something works out for you.

I actually tried downloading  Google Chrome a few times and it wont load. It would freeze and it wouldnt do anything.