Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: vid card  (Read 4386 times)

Jkub Drews

vid card
« on: June 30, 2004, 04:12:22 PM »
I want a video card in my computer!!!!!! I dont know if it has an AGP port or not.  Cant I just put it in a PCI slot???  the computer is an Emachine refurb I just bought its a W version or somthing like that.  If you can email me that would be great.

[email protected]

thanks

chade

Re: vid card
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2004, 10:16:18 PM »
The AGP port looks similar to the PCI slots - but there are differences.  It is often a different colour (brown, or green as opposed to PCI's normal white colour), it is always located up the top end of the PCI slots (nearest to the processor) and is set back further from the edge of the board than the PCI slots.  It also has a clip/lock to lock in your graphics card to stop it moving - this is down the far end of the slot (away from the edge of the board).  You can buy PCI graphics cards but they are different from AGP cards - they will not work in the other slot (at all).

I don't email replies - if you can't be bothered checking the forums for a reply, don't bother posting a question.

Raptor

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2004, 04:10:02 AM »
Give 'm *censored*.

Jkub Drew

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2004, 12:37:49 PM »
Thanks for the tip

merlin

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2004, 04:32:28 PM »
what em machines is this?and why do you want a graphics card when you install  the intel graphics accelerater for free unless this is amd awaits reply?