Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: DevMgr has 2 errors, usb's broke, cpu @100% constantly  (Read 42119 times)

Computer_Commando

Hacker
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: DevMgr has 2 errors, usb's broke, cpu @100% constantly
« Reply #75 on: August 10, 2011, 01:54:04 PM »
Your right. Pretty cheap right now. Got a quad core, 6gig, 1T hd HP desktop at Best Buy on sale for $425 and added a sweet 25" LED monitor for another $200.

So the old girl is sitting on the bench in the basement. I still can't believe that couldn't be fixed. There was nothing wrong with that computer, and I still can see no damage to any of the usb ports. The 4 in the back only had the printer plugged into one, and were NEVER used by n e 1. How would an old timer like me go about replacing this motherboard thing you speak of, if your up to helping me try and fix this thing still CC...

I told you computers have never been cheaper, even at BestBuy.  I didn't get my HP laptop from them because they don't carry this model & a similar one is $100 more.  This one is really easy to access, the whole bottom comes off by releasing 2 spring latches.  Just added another 4GB RAM today.
I don't know how I can help fix the old one by remote control.  There is something wrong with it, it's just not worth all the trouble for you.  If I had the board sitting in front of me, I might be able to spot something.  Many times there is no visual indication of any problem.  If you're just trying to learn about computer hardware, you could find a replacement motherboard for less than $100 that uses the same CPU & RAM.  Effectively, you'd be building a computer.  I've done this several times, with computers thrown in the trash.

Max Maximus

Topic Starter

Beginner
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #76 on: August 11, 2011, 04:21:17 AM »
Thanks guys. I'm not sure what to do I guess. It sounds like I should give up, but before that I may as well mess with the bios whatever the heck that means. Mental, can you give me the steps required to accomplish this? And yes, CC and I have tried everything else. If you read back through this thread you'll see all the spec for the pc, including diagrams that CC posted for me, as well as I believe the replacement model for the MB. I did some searching for these after he posted, and I have a micro center pretty close that has everything you could ever want to repair, I'm just not sure of all the steps. I may do some searching on YouTube to see if I can find some visual examples of how it is done.

Thanks Again

MM
I don't have a clue...

Computer_Commando

Hacker
« Reply #77 on: August 11, 2011, 11:46:13 AM »
This one looks just like yours:  http://www.ascendtech.us/itemdesc.asp?ic=MB64ASUA8AELEUN

Compare specs with yours:  http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00496280&tmp_task=prodinfoCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&lc=en&product=1821850

It has the same Asus motherboard, A8AE-LE.  Probably came out of an HP.  Model says:  A8AE-LE SOCKET 939 OEM
For $55, get it.

Max Maximus

Topic Starter

Beginner
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #78 on: August 11, 2011, 03:28:06 PM »
Ok, I got my eye on a couple on ebay and I'll let you know if I pick something up. A lot of them there come from China though. Are you sure we can put it together again?

Hey, you wanna work on something else while I'm shopping for the old desktop? I have this laptop I'm on now, it is a HP ZD7000 I bought from a guy off craigs list the end of last year and he upgraded it to win 7, but it only had a gig of ram. So I bought another gig but it wasn;t matched tith the old one and i kept blue screening. so today i got a matched pair and it wouldn't even boot when i installed them and went right to a bs before it booted. now i am really confused about that issue. you wanns discuss it here or start a new thread?

lmk CC

MM
I don't have a clue...

Computer_Commando

Hacker