Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Someone please help me with this one  (Read 2037 times)

random111

Someone please help me with this one
« on: August 07, 2011, 02:45:53 PM »
Recently, I was on my desktop when it kept slowing down which aggravated me and I forced shut my computer. since then I haven't been able to turn on my computer, the power button just blinks yellow.

truenorth

Guru

Re: Someone please help me with this one
    « Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 06:41:33 PM »
    Welcome to the CH forums. If you have been watching the CH forums before becoming a member you will have seen many instances where people posing questions have been asked for more information so as to enable better assistance from those that may seek to help you with your problem. This is also the case with your post. Please tell us more about your computer and the operating system. Plus anything else (the more the better) that you noticed or might have done coincident to the occurrence of your problem. As it stands at the moment there is insufficient information being given to narrow the possibilities of what could be at the root of your issue.truenorth

TheShadow

Hopeful

• Retiree in Florida
      • Yes
      • The Doctor
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 03:52:08 PM »
    What computer?  Brand, model, age, anything else you can think of....

OS=Unknown?  Now who would not know what Operating System his/her computer is using?
     It's on the screen every time you boot up. 
    If it's a store bought computer, there is probably a license key sticker on the side or back and that will have the Operating System printed on it.

It's really hard to answer questions about something without any information about it.
    Heck, it might be a computer and again, it might be a riding lawn mower.   
    More info please!

8)
    Experience is truly the best teacher.
    Backup! Backup! Backup!  Ghost Rocks!

mcwhippin

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011, 11:05:59 PM »

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #4 on: August 12, 2011, 01:05:25 AM »
    the power button just blinks yellow.
    Please confirm also the blinking signal color as most could be orange when CMOS battery is drained or reconnecting the mobo power connector/cable and other installed/peripheral devices will help correct the problem.