Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Mozilla Firefox 6.0 - Final available  (Read 8981 times)

Allan

Topic Starter

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru
Mozilla Firefox 6.0 - Final available
« on: August 15, 2011, 05:30:05 AM »
Mozilla Firefox 6.0 - Final

Firefox 6 - faster, more secure, easier to use and sporting a new look,   this latest Firefox release sets a new standard for web browser   innovation. Firefox is small, fast and easy to use, and offers many   advantages over other web browsers, such as the tabbed browsing and the   ability to block pop-up windows. View Web pages way faster, using less   of your computer’s memory. Take Firefox with you wherever you go.   Synchronize your browsing across multiple devices. Forget clunky URLs –   find the sites you love in seconds. Firefox has the most ways to   customize your online experience specifically for the way you use the   web. It is built with you in mind, so it’s easy and instinctive to use   even the first time you try it. Thousands of Add-ons (little extras that   augment Firefox to meet your unique needs) just waiting out there to   help you do more, have more fun and be more creative online. Firefox   keeps your personal info personal and your online interests away from   the bad guys. Simply put, your security is our top priority.

Download Firefox 6.0 for Windows en-US:
  ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/6.0/win32/en-US/Firefox%20Setup%206.0.exe (ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/6.0/win32/en-US/Firefox%20Setup%206.0.exe)

Download Firefox 6.0 for Windows en-GB:
  ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/6.0/win32/en-GB/Firefox%20Setup%206.0.exe (ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/6.0/win32/en-GB/Firefox%20Setup%206.0.exe)

Download Firefox 6.0 for other languages:
  ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/6.0/win32/ (ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/6.0/win32/)

Transfusion

Mentor

• STUPID=Smart Talented Unique Person In Demand
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
Re: Mozilla Firefox 6.0 - Final available
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 05:35:40 AM »
I hope that a portable version comes out soon!

Firefox has one of the largest databases of (user-submitted) add-ons - can't wait to see if my favorite add-on, Greasemonkey, works. Greasemonkey allows you to alter the webpages that you visit (alter the webpage cache that is on your computer of course, not the original website ;D ) to spice up your browsing experience.

diveinto[/font][/size]greasemonkey[/size].org/install/[/size]what-is-greasemonkey[/size].html
In Soviet Russia, iPhone touch you. Computer shut you down. Mouse click you. Floppy inserts you. Yahoo answers you. Man in TV watches you. Computer game addicts you. Guitar shreds you. Motherboard fries you. The laughter in manslaughter is put back in.
Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 08:02:52 AM »
offers many   advantages over other web browsers, such as the tabbed browsing
Uh, where did you get this?  Are there any recent browsers that don't have tabbed browsing?

Synchronize your browsing across multiple devices.
Ah yes, they're copying Opera again.  This is what Opera's Link feature does; it was introduced in June 2008. 

Allan

Topic Starter

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 09:04:54 AM »
Uh, where did you get this?  Are there any recent browsers that don't have tabbed browsing?

It's a direct quote from their advertisement. If you need to be picky with someone, contact them. I'm sure they'll be as pleased to read your comment as I am.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2011, 05:41:03 PM »
Ah yes, they're copying Opera again.  This is what Opera's Link feature does; it was introduced in June 2008.

IE4 allowed one to synchronize favourites between a laptop and a desktop, more than ten years prior to that.

I also fail to see what your point would be in saying that they "copied" Opera. Opera doesn't somehow get to be the only browser with that feature, just as FF wasn't able to be the only browser that had tabbed browsing, which in and of itself was just an extension of the growing convention to depict open documents using tabs, as seen in any number of other applications.

I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2011, 06:03:54 PM »
FireFox had Profiles concept...way before Opera thought of it...
In fact at the risk of giving my age up i believe Netscape was 1st in this category of features.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2011, 06:16:17 PM »
"Most Scientists stand on each other's shoulders while computer scientists stand on each other's toes."
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2011, 07:17:31 PM »
Quote of the Month Finalist.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Computer_Commando

Hacker
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2011, 04:11:38 PM »
Does FF6 seem faster to you?  BTW, update was seemless through:  Help---About Firefox.

Allan

Topic Starter

• Mastermind
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2011, 04:16:33 PM »
In fact at the risk of giving my age up i believe Netscape was 1st in this category of features.
If I'm not mistaken I still have Netscape installed on at least one active system.

Does FF6 seem faster to you?  BTW, update was seemless through:  Help---About Firefox.

I'm still using 3.6

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2011, 04:21:23 PM »
I also fail to see what your point would be in saying that they "copied" Opera. Opera doesn't somehow get to be the only browser with that feature,
Of course not.  That's not what I meant.  My point was that the quoted comments on the original post portray Firefox as being innovative.  And, I'm not saying they aren't innovative, I just pointing out that they are not the first to introduce the feature and that Opera Link was introduced several years ago.

, just as FF wasn't able to be the only browser that had tabbed browsing, which in and of itself was just an extension of the growing convention to depict open documents using tabs, as seen in any number of other applications.
Right, but when I read the word "innovative", I interpret that to mean something new.  But, at this stage of browser development, I would hardly still be referring to tabbed browsing as being part of the innovation in the latest version. 

Computer_Commando

Hacker
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2011, 04:24:40 PM »
...I'm still using 3.6
I had the same issues (Google Toolbar) as you & this 1 add-on solved it:  https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/add-on-compatibility-reporter/?src=api

Allan

Topic Starter

• Mastermind
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2011, 04:33:32 PM »
I may give it another shot, but bottom line, I'm very happy with 3.6

Computer_Commando

Hacker
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2011, 04:37:47 PM »
Not sure if RoboForm will work for you:  http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/questions/831620

Allan

Topic Starter

• Mastermind
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2011, 04:38:46 PM »
I think their latest update was for FF6