Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: One certain frequency plays very loudly on my speakers  (Read 2468 times)

snakeeyes021

Topic Starter

Rookie
    One certain frequency plays very loudly on my speakers
    « on: August 20, 2011, 07:06:04 PM »
    Ok, so my speakers are a Logitech Z5300 5.1 set and my sound card is the Creative X-fi Elite Pro. I have bass redirection enabled with the crossover frequency set at 140hz. Now whenever I'm writing or listening to music or something and the computer plays the frequency 123hz (the B a minor 9th below Middle C), it is really loud and muddled, much louder than any of the other pitches near it. I'm not sure if this is the only frequency this happens on, but it's the only one that I've noticed or that bothers me. I tried pulling the speakers off of the wall to see if the speakers were resonating the wall, but it wasn't that. Does anyone know why this might be or how to fix it? Or is that just a particularly resonant pitch on these speakers? If there's anything I left out or anything else you would need to know, just say so. Thanks so much :)

Linux711

Mentor

• Yes
      • Programming Blog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: One certain frequency plays very loudly on my speakers
    « Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 08:58:20 AM »
    well, i think the only way to find out would be to try different speakers. I know that seems obvious but i decided to reply anyway.
    YouTube

"Genius is persistence, not brain power." - Me

"Insomnia is just a byproduct of, "It can't be done"" - LaVolpe