Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Why is every network listed as "connect automatically"...  (Read 3477 times)

gagan9514

Topic Starter

Rookie

Why is every network listed as "connect automatically"...
    « on: August 23, 2011, 02:23:32 PM »
    Hi guys,
           I recently switched over to Shaw Extreme internet a few months ago, and they setup a new wireless connection and everything. However, ever since we got this new wireless connection, I have been experiencing issues with it. On my Windows 7 laptop, the connection often changes to "No internet access", and then I have to either change/shift the location of my laptop, or disconnect and reconnect with my network again. The connection isn't lost or anything, there's just no internet access.
           Just today, I checked my wireless connection list (like all the connections that are available), and every connection had the checkmark beside "Connect Automatically". Could this mean that my laptop is trying to connect to all of those connections automatically, which interferes with my actual connection? The checkmark is beside every single one, except for the one that I connect to.
    So could anyone explain why it is the way it is? I've tried unchecking "Connect Automatically" for all the connections, btw, but it reverts back as soon as I reload the list of available connections.
    If anyone can help, I appreciate it.

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Why is every network listed as "connect automatically"...
    « Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 12:31:53 AM »
    Do you mean there are open wifi networks? You could just delete those previous connections and used your own home network to connect automatically using WAP/WEP preconfigured security setup. Or arranged them by seeing this link -> Change Wireless Network Priority to Make Windows 7 Choose the Right Network First