Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: accessing websites that require username and password  (Read 2707 times)

bethtoy

accessing websites that require username and password
« on: August 29, 2011, 05:09:12 PM »
My computer will not access ceratin websites that require a username and password.   Example, I can get to the initial site www.mytestbook.com, but when I enter the username and password the page just refreshes again without going to the next page.  I had someone else try the access on their computer and it worked fine so I know the username and password are correct.  Any insight is greatly appreciated!!!  Thanks much!

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: accessing websites that require username and password
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 08:19:36 PM »
1. Try registering another account and test it by logging again.
2. Try different browsers in accessing the website.
3. Make sure you are clearing cache or temporary internet files once in a while.
4. Some protection softwares have real-time protection/web scanner capability as added features, try disabling this option.

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
    • Me
  • Experience: Expert
Re: accessing websites that require username and password
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 09:07:38 AM »
Cookies are probably switched off, without which you will not be able to log on to many websites.  Re-enable them.  (If you need instructions, please advise which web browser you're using.)
Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos