Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Re: How many...  (Read 29330 times)

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: How many...
    « Reply #45 on: August 25, 2005, 01:24:51 AM »
    Mac....... I really don't wish to drag this thread out any further than it is now ......however ...........

What is - your - professional view?

It is my opinion that a computer is nothing more than an assembly of components which on its own can do nothing.  ..............

Cheers

dl65  ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

Raptor

« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2005, 06:15:27 AM »
    and while it may be of some importance to some of you ......I fail to see what this sort of discussion has to do with assisting people with their computer issues .  

They may decide to give up on computers and start a farm somewhere in the middle of nowhere and live life as it was meant to be lived. ;)

I think i like those Hagakure.  It would be interesting to spend an evening with one of their members sipping coffee out under the stars and discussing some deep topics.

The Hagakure was originally only meant to be read by a certain few. The book was released as historial material when the feudal period in Japan ended.

Kamikaze pilots in World War II carried a copy of it. The Hagakure cure is also known as the 'Bushido', or way of the warrior.

I can send you a copy

I am typing away here in my shelter deep underground.

Ever since I played Fallout, nuclear shelters have a special place in my heart. Did you paint a big yellow 13 on your door?

Raptor

« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2005, 09:13:59 AM »
    If the entire planet were to be populated by psychiatrists do you think that things would get better?

We'd have a lot of comfortable chairs.

Raptor

« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2005, 02:46:35 PM »
    I think it would be better if we ban MTV.

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #49 on: August 25, 2005, 05:45:23 PM »
    ...The Hagakure was originally only meant to be read by a certain few. The book was released as historial material when the feudal period in Japan ended. Kamikaze pilots in World War II carried a copy of it. The Hagakure cure is also known as the 'Bushido', or way of the warrior. I can send you a copy....

Please do!  Send a copy to my e-mail address (just click on the link under my avatar).  

I understand why some are willing to die to save many lives.  Such men are heroes.  But i've often wondered what drives some to commit suicide in order to kill many.  I found some clues in reading the Koran, which speaks of men who die for Allah as having endless sex in paradise with their own personal harem.  (Of course, there is no sex in heaven, as Jesus taught).  I'd very much like to find some clue as to the thinking of the Kamikazes, and would enjoy reading an e-book you have.  

Thanks,
    Doc

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2005, 05:51:40 PM »

We'd have a lot of comfortable chairs.

Thanks for the laugh, Raptor!  :D

DL65 may have a point, but i think this discussion thread has been therapeutic.  All i need is a wireless keyboard, a larger monitor, and a comfortable chair.

BTW i think it's also good to get to know a little about the people with whom you "virtually" work (i mean volunteer).  I must say i enjoy the company.   :)

Guess i should get back to helping someone (if i can).  See 'ya around the rest of the forum!

Regards,
    Doc
    « Last Edit: August 25, 2005, 05:53:41 PM by pcdoc4christ »

Raptor

« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2005, 08:11:09 PM »
    I understand why some are willing to die to save many lives.  Such men are heroes.  But i've often wondered what drives some to commit suicide in order to kill many.  I found some clues in reading the Koran, which speaks of men who die for Allah as having endless sex in paradise with their own personal harem.

I recently saw on TV (NGC) that 98% of the men who volunteer or are drafted into the army (From World War II and upwards), can not put theirself to kill others. They shoot, give supporting fire and fullfil other important tasks such as resupplying but they would never dare kill another human being. They referred to these people as sheep

There is 1% which may be perfectly sane during his civilian life, but will become a downright psychopath during a battle situation

Then there is the last remaining 1% who are able to kill, but do not do so because they have gone beserk. They do so simply to protect their beloved ones and ideals. These people were refered to as sheepherders.

I think that blowing up others is rather uncompassionate and an act of cowardice. Therefore, you will probably find no justification regarding the acts of these men in the Hagakure.

The hagakure is strongly influenced by Buddhism, the Koran is not.

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #52 on: August 28, 2005, 12:07:07 PM »
    ...I think that blowing up others is rather uncompassionate and an act of cowardice. Therefore, you will probably find no justification regarding the acts of these men in the Hagakure...The hagakure is strongly influenced by Buddhism, the Koran is not.

Agreed.  

BTW, this week my wife bought DVDs of the first season of the American TV show Kung Fu starring David Carradine, which we both watched in the 70s.  Fascinating show and very well written.  Carradine did an excellent job acting, as well.  I must admit, though, that i know very little of Buddhism, other than the story of Buddha’s early life and some of this teachings.  I find it fascinating that Buddhists are essentially religious atheists, it seems.  From what i understand, they have a strong appreciation for nature, yet do not believe in a creator.  They have a firm moral foundation, but deny an author of such.  Forgive me if my remarks are ignorant, and feel free to correct me if they are.  

I'm still interested in learning more of the Hagakure, if you want to suggest a link or send an attachment.

Regards,
    Doc

« Last Edit: August 28, 2005, 12:18:58 PM by pcdoc4christ »

Raptor

« Reply #53 on: August 28, 2005, 12:58:04 PM »
    Did you not receive my E-mail, PCdoc4Christ?

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #54 on: August 28, 2005, 01:14:18 PM »
    Raptor:

Yes, sir, i did.  Sorry, and thank you!

Let me know if it is OK to send a reply to your e-mail if i have any questions.  If not, no prob!

:)

Raptor

« Reply #55 on: August 28, 2005, 01:19:47 PM »
    Did you receive the attachment as well? I have no other digital books regarding Bushido or Buddhism. Rather hard to come by.

You can E-mail any questions you have, I will answer them if I can.

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #56 on: August 28, 2005, 01:57:13 PM »
    Raptor:

Yes, i received the attachment.  Thanks!

Raptor

« Reply #57 on: August 28, 2005, 04:14:45 PM »
    Not trying to convert anyone, the good doc here wanted to learn more.

Hopester Doofus

Adviser

• Hope-ing To Help
      « Reply #58 on: August 28, 2005, 04:46:44 PM »
      So if we remain as people why convert people to people when we are people already?

Holy crap. Now that's deep!
      There’s no limit to what you can achieve if you don’t mind who gets the credit.

Hopester Doofus

Adviser

• Hope-ing To Help
        « Reply #59 on: August 29, 2005, 12:32:31 AM »
        Doc doesn't seem so tortured to me.
        There’s no limit to what you can achieve if you don’t mind who gets the credit.