Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Creative Speakers 5.1 Not Workin....Sound Card Problems  (Read 3148 times)

globalpal_ooty

Topic Starter

Beginner
  • Computer Crazy
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Creative Speakers 5.1 Not Workin....Sound Card Problems
« on: October 02, 2011, 09:04:30 AM »
I just bought Creative T6100 Speakers 5.1. I'm unable to connect my speakers now...There is power supply running....I doubt my sound card.....I'm not sure of what sound card I'm using in my computer...The speaker has three pins to connect to my computer, black blue and rose...n my system has 3 pins blue, blue n rose....I tried connecting the pins in all ways..Now my questions is??

How do I know what soundcard I'm using.. Is there any third party software that I can download and check to know what soundcard I'm using?

Do i need to upgrade my sound card to make my speakers/home theater work??

Any other possible causes that my 5.1 speakers r not working??

[regaining space - attachment deleted by admin]
Victor Solomon Raja

rogerlewis

Rookie

Re: Creative Speakers 5.1 Not Workin....Sound Card Problems
    « Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 04:45:35 PM »
    there is a program called everst you can download, it looks like you have a realtek soundcard if it's just a normal soundcard fixed to the motherboard and only has 3 connections on it they are used for audio in, audio out, and the mic, i think you have to get a PCI soundcard for the 5in1

quaxo

Guru
      • Yes
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 09:12:29 PM »
    What is the make and model of your motherboard?

globalpal_ooty

Topic Starter

Beginner
    • Computer Crazy
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 09:30:31 AM »
    Thanks I downloaded the Everest.  It shows that my motherboard name is Intel Grand Country D101GGC.  I did not get any extra soundcard when I bought my PC.
    Victor Solomon Raja

quaxo

Guru
      • Yes
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #4 on: October 03, 2011, 07:21:06 PM »
    Ok, for that sound chipset, the jacks can be used for more than one thing, by default the jacks are line out, line in, and mic.

The jack colors should be (in order from top) blue, green, rose.

For surround, use the jacks like this:
    line out - green jack - front left and right
    line in - blue jack - rear left and right
    mic - rose jack - center/subwoofer

As for the line colors from the speakers, just look at where you plug the in, the jacks on the speaker end should be labelled and match with the correct jack as above.

Also, make sure you are using the correct driver for the Realtek chipset. You can download it from here:
    http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&keyword=%22Intel+Desktop+Board+D101GGC%22

Just choose your OS and download.

This should include the Realtek HD Audio Manager, which will either automatically determine what's plugged in to each jack, or allow you to specify.