Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: need help with partitioning  (Read 5850 times)

Quantos

Guru
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: need help with partitioning
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2011, 07:42:50 AM »
It kind of looks like we are waiting on the OP...
Evil is an exact science.

haus_kat

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2011, 06:20:59 PM »
Okay...I figured the issue and have got Linus installed (using it right now). I think the screen/graphics could look sharper or better though and I'm guessing because this isn't the original OS so I don't have the correct hardware drivers. Is there a way I could get some Linus-compatible drivers? The drivers for this model laptop are for Windows Vista only (32-bit).

JJ 3000

Egghead
  • Experience: Familiar
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2011, 10:51:27 PM »
Click Menu > Control Center > Hardware > Additional Drivers. It will scan for the correct driver and give you the option to install and activate it.

It may not be driver related though. Have you tried adjusting your screen resolution?
Save a Life!
Adopt a homeless pet.
http://www.petfinder.com/

haus_kat

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2011, 12:08:02 AM »
Click Menu > Control Center > Hardware > Additional Drivers. It will scan for the correct driver and give you the option to install and activate it.

It may not be driver related though. Have you tried adjusting your screen resolution?

yes, i tried adjusting the screen resolution. things just don't quite look right, as if they could be sharper and clearer. i tried installing the driver it recommended and it did that but then said that it wasn't activated and i don't know how to activate it

JJ 3000

Egghead
  • Experience: Familiar
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2011, 12:52:32 AM »
The window that pops up when it finds the driver, near the bottom on the right there is an activate button. Click it. You will be prompted for your password. That should be it.

You will have to restart the computer once you do this.
Save a Life!
Adopt a homeless pet.
http://www.petfinder.com/