Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Syncing iPod to Mac without erasing new music  (Read 12789 times)

amada

Syncing iPod to Mac without erasing new music
« on: October 06, 2011, 12:13:07 AM »
I have two computers with iTunes. All the music from Computer 1 has been downloaded to my iPod. I would like to download all that music onto Computer 2. However, Computer 2 has newer music on it that is not on my iPod/Computer 1. I can't figure out how to get the music from my iPod onto Computer 2 without erasing the new music. Suggestions? Thanks.

PS: Both of computers are on Mac OS.

sallyya90

Re: Syncing iPod to Mac without erasing new music
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 01:35:33 AM »
Or just copy the music and transfer it via flashdrive. Or burn them unto dvd, you'll get a "physical" back-up to boot.

billiehawkins

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 09:00:07 AM »
    There is a third party app called Senuti (iTunes backwards) that allows you to copy files back from an iPod to the Mac.

http://www.fadingred.com/senuti/

It will not unlock songs purchased from the store, so you will have to re-login on the new Mac iTunes app.

tipperjames

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 09:25:38 AM »
      Or just copy the iPod music and transfer it via flashdrive. Or burn them unto dvd, you'll get a "physical" back-up to boot.
      You can make a file with the music in it, then share it across the network.

Then just click and drag on the computer that needs the new music.

I can't give specific instructions because I don't know MAC OS X very well, but I know there is a way to do that.

If you're not sure, Googling how to do that should be fairly simple.

sandyago

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 02:20:22 AM »
        If you bought songs on iTunes, they should be linked to your account so you can download them to your Mac for free again. But if those music on your ipod are from other computers via itunes, you may not transfer them from ipod to Mac because itunes can only transfer these fiels from itunes to your ipod touch. In that case you will need some other tools to do that. Google iPod to Mac Transfer and maybe you can find something useful.

jackykwok

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2013, 09:14:24 PM »
          If you bought songs on iTunes, they should be linked to your account so you can download them to your Mac for free again. But if those music on your ipod are from other computers via itunes, you may not transfer them from ipod to Mac because itunes can only transfer these fiels from itunes to your ipod touch. In that case you will need some other tools to do that.  See How to transfer or backup music from iPod to Mac  and maybe you can find something useful.
          You can install iTunes to computer and them sync to computer again.