Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Net gear n600 wndr3400 guest account  (Read 3035 times)

zeroburn

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Knowlege will take you further than any guide
    • Yes
    • Jared Kat Enterprises
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Net gear n600 wndr3400 guest account
« on: October 14, 2011, 01:22:49 PM »
Hello to the people of this site

I have a question that i wish to pose out to the public

On the router i have (name and model in the title) it allowes the setup of two wireless SSIDs and passwords, known as a guest account. But for me, this feature is unable to work.

Any tips on what settings should be changed to allow my devices (iPods and windows laptops) online

The SSID for the guest account shows and prompts me with a login, but tells me when I type the password I set for it, that it is unable to connect due to an unknown issue.

Please help

Thanks to everyone in advance
I consider myself a hacker. Not in the way of "I can break into your facebook" but in the way, I like to learn as much as I can, about anything i can. I don't just like having things fixed, I like to understand why it was broken and why a particular solution fixed it. It is just how I am, and how I will always be. As teachers have said before, you cant learn if you don't figure it out in your own mind.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
Re: Net gear n600 wndr3400 guest account
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 01:54:34 PM »
Net gear routers have some of the best help features.
Have you already looked on their site nor your product.
http://support.netgear.com/app/products/list

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 12:01:49 PM »
My Net gear router is a different model. I can use the guest account, but without security it creates problems.  On this one there is the option to remit connection to the LAN, but still allow Internet.

Having a Guest account with full access  and not security creates a problem the my system does not allow for more that a minute or two and then disconnects. But that is one way to check and see if it works at all. So it does work. I have not tried it with security like WEP or WEPA.

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 11:03:40 PM »
that it is unable to connect due to an unknown issue.

I have not tried it with security like WEP or WEPA.
Configure these settings that matches the router's security type on your wifi card/adapter to accept the pre-shared key or password. If the router is set WPA or WPA2(PSK), the adapter should support or have the same features.