Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Problem with Yahoo Instant Messenger and Possibly Explorer.exe  (Read 29215 times)

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Problem with Yahoo Instant Messenger and Possibly Explorer.exe
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2011, 12:28:40 AM »
Check also if you are using Windows firewall only and that Ymess is allowed. I am currently running the version 10 of yahoo messenger and I think a more later version is out and the same also with Java and Adobe .

DrSatanDracula

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2011, 10:06:11 AM »
    All right. It crashed without MBam. I guess that narrows it down to TVersity.

How about should I solve this problem? It's odd: I didn't have any problem with TVersity for two years.

DrSatanDracula

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2011, 10:50:19 AM »
      Check also if you are using Windows firewall only and that Ymess is allowed. I am currently running the version 10 of yahoo messenger and I think a more later version is out and the same also with Java and Adobe .

I am not using Windows Firewall. I have that crap turned off. Useless. :)

I have Java (as per your request) and Adobe updated.

Yahoo does have a more updated messenger, but the messenger's functionality in newer versions is absolute crap.

DrSatanDracula

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2011, 09:51:12 PM »
        I just noticed another thing relating to this problem: It tends to act up around this time (midnight EST). Again, hours went by with no crash. Then all of a sudden a bunch of crashes occurred.

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
        « Reply #19 on: November 08, 2011, 10:51:33 PM »
        Then all of a sudden a bunch of crashes occurred.
        What's the latest update? Have you checked all services except for the other 3 while running yahoo messenger? If you are keeping a Ymess version 8 installer, let's try using the latest version on the problem. Uninstall the Ymess v.8 by Ccleaner -Tools then Run uninstaller. Meanwhile, download the latest version of Ymess and install. You could always revert to version 8 if you still have the previous.

DrSatanDracula

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2011, 08:42:13 PM »
          What's the latest update? Have you checked all services except for the other 3 while running yahoo messenger? If you are keeping a Ymess version 8 installer, let's try using the latest version on the problem. Uninstall the Ymess v.8 by Ccleaner -Tools then Run uninstaller. Meanwhile, download the latest version of Ymess and install. You could always revert to version 8 if you still have the previous.

Okay. This is troublesome:

I turned off TVersity (in the services MSConfig) and................Yahoo still crashed.

Update: Not only has it crashed once, but -three- times. It is definitively NOT Tversity now. Or at least: Not TVersity alone.

Is it possible that multiple programs are causing the same problem? Should I also reinstall the .dll file indicated in the error report?

And yes, only MS services are up besides Yahoo.

I'll see about the Yahoo upgrade.

Thank you very much.
          « Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 09:38:31 PM by DrSatanDracula »

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
          « Reply #21 on: November 10, 2011, 10:01:59 PM »
          How is everything running? Have you upgraded yahoo messenger?

DrSatanDracula

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2011, 12:48:30 AM »
            How is everything running? Have you upgraded yahoo messenger?

I didn't try out the new Yahoo because of the issues in the last post. As I noted: It turns out that it was not TVersity causing the problem, as even with TVersity service off (and the computer rebooted as per MSconfig's demand) the problem repeatedly happened.

Should I replace the DLL indicated in the error reports? Likewise, is it possible that -multiple- programs are causing the crashes? It's either multiple programs or else those three programs themselves are not to blame.

I also had to just now re-install Java to the most updated version of 6 available, due to repeatedly getting errors saying that Java was not installed on my system (I double checked - it was). Both Firefox and IE were having issues with several webpages not accepting Java version 7. Should I uninstall Java 7 now?

I attached a picture to show both Javas installed.

[regaining space - attachment deleted by admin]

Echo

Beginner
            • Addicted to online games
              « Reply #23 on: November 11, 2011, 10:26:15 AM »
              i am not a computer Genius by any means but i had the exact same problem. I unintsalled yahoo and reinstalled it, then un-linked myself from facebook both through yahoo and facebook.  That cleared up my problem and nothing is crashing anymore/or freezing up. I am sorry if i came on your link with with but u nvr no....
              Computer: Windows 7 ultimate/SP3,/680i lite Sli mobo/512MB DDR3 NVidia GeForce 9800 GTX/  (2GB kit (1GB x 2 Balistix 240-pin DIMM (ALIENWARE) (12/10 new hd)-seagate barracuda 7200.2 1 TB -7200rpm 32mbcache sata 3.0gb 3.5 Internal harddrive

DrSatanDracula

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2011, 08:09:54 PM »
                i am not a computer Genius by any means but i had the exact same problem. I unintsalled yahoo and reinstalled it, then un-linked myself from facebook both through yahoo and facebook.  That cleared up my problem and nothing is crashing anymore/or freezing up. I am sorry if i came on your link with with but u nvr no....

I don't have Facebook, but I'll try reinstalling it again and making sure there are no connections attached.

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
                « Reply #25 on: November 11, 2011, 11:00:23 PM »
                Both Firefox and IE were having issues with several webpages not accepting Java version 7. Should I uninstall Java 7 now?
                No. You should keep Java 7 update 1 (64 bit). Remove Java update 6 update 29 and Java SE Development Kit 7 Update 1(64bit). You only need Java7u1.
                Lets use System File Checker http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833
                Did you instal Java 7 update 1(64 bit) separately? I do not use Tveristy but is that a free version you are using? If yes, might wanna remove first from the system and install it after checking on certain crashes. To be sure , you must first try to update to the latest version of yahoo messenger before proceeding.  Steps to try :
                1.Remove two Java 6u29 and Java SDK7u1. Keep Java7u1 as the latest version.
                2.Run sfc/ scannow. see link.
                3.Upgrade to latest YM after removing the current.
                4.Remove Tversity(if free version) to be reinstalled if nothing changes.
                What antivirus and protection softwares are installed?

DrSatanDracula

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2011, 08:40:03 AM »
                  No. You should keep Java 7 update 1 (64 bit). Remove Java update 6 update 29 and Java SE Development Kit 7 Update 1(64bit). You only need Java7u1.
                  Did you instal Java 7 update 1(64 bit) separately? I do not use Tveristy but is that a free version you are using? If yes, might wanna remove first from the system and install it after checking on certain crashes. To be sure , you must first try to update to the latest version of yahoo messenger before proceeding.  Steps to try :

1. Okay. I'll uninstall the other Java versions and see if IE and Mozilla will recognize Java 7.0. If not, what should I do?

2. Running scannow as we speak.

3. I'll try this later tonight.

4. I'll try this first (before 3) in order to see whether TVersity is what is causing the problem.

My only running anti-virus program is Malware Bytes (purchased). I also have Super Anti-spyware, but I don't run it in the background like I do Malwarebytes.

patio

• Genius
                  • Maud' Dib
                    • Yes
                  « Reply #27 on: November 12, 2011, 08:42:36 AM »
                  MBAM is not an A/V app...

You should consider adding Avast, Avira or Microsoft Security Essentialss...all of which have Free versions...

NOTE: Pick and install only 1...
                  " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

DrSatanDracula

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2011, 08:50:02 AM »
                    MBAM is not an A/V app...

You should consider adding Avast, Avira or Microsoft Security Essentialss...all of which have Free versions...

NOTE: Pick and install only 1...

It isn't? Since when? Are you sure with the purchased version? Because I have active protection with the purchased version. It stops malicious files from executing. It removes viruses. It even prevents rogues.

DrSatanDracula

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2011, 08:50:45 AM »

Jason, in the CBS log the following files were found to be corrupt (all on one theme it seems):

2011-11-12 10:37:04, Info                  CSI    0000015e [SR] Could not reproject corrupted file [ml:520{260},l:72{36}]"\??\C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar"\[l:24{12}]"settings.ini"; source file in store is also corrupted

2011-11-12 10:39:17, Info                  CSI    000001de [SR] Could not reproject corrupted file [ml:520{260},l:84{42}]"\??\C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Sidebar"\[l:24{12}]"settings.ini"; source file in store is also corrupted

2011-11-12 10:41:57, Info                  CSI    000002d8 [SR] Could not reproject corrupted file [ml:520{260},l:72{36}]"\??\C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar"\[l:24{12}]"settings.ini"; source file in store is also corrupted

No other corrupted files were found.