Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: hard disk issue  (Read 2079 times)

Anupmindfreak

hard disk issue
« on: November 17, 2011, 03:52:25 AM »
I have some problem with my pc (may be harddisk)..i am able to use my disk as a slave but when i use it as master my system hang everytime ..somehow i managed to install fresh window on a formatted c drive but still the problem persist... i ran memory diagnostic tool in win 7 after 37% it say ,some hardware problem detected but i am unable to complete the memory test because system hang and restart itself..  occasionally my system run correctly but whenever i play some music or left it as it is for some time it get freeze ...  please help me what should i do , is there is some hard disk issues?  please help..

Transfusion

Mentor

• STUPID=Smart Talented Unique Person In Demand
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
Re: hard disk issue
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 07:14:57 PM »
Try running the bootable version of Seagate Seatools (Seatools for DOS): http://www.seagate.com/www/en-us/support/downloads/seatools if you want to test for HDD stability.

The Memory Diagnostic tool in Win 7 tests your RAM, for your information... not your HDD.
You might have a RAM issue, run http://www.memtest.org/ for 10 passes and check if any errors come up. Windows 7 already BSODs when you undergo a RAM test... If an issue comes up in MemTestX86+ I would swap RAM sticks/take out one stick of RAM then try again. Repeat until you are error-free.
In Soviet Russia, iPhone touch you. Computer shut you down. Mouse click you. Floppy inserts you. Yahoo answers you. Man in TV watches you. Computer game addicts you. Guitar shreds you. Motherboard fries you. The laughter in manslaughter is put back in.
Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: hard disk issue
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 08:00:33 PM »
To make a memory test CD you need:
  • a working computer
  • a CD burner and
  • an Iinternet connection
Here are some good programs:
Five free Memory Test Programs
(A List of the Best Free Computer Memory Tester Tools)