Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How can I do to stop people copy things from me?  (Read 9383 times)

Gillian

How can I do to stop people copy things from me?
« on: July 04, 2004, 02:10:20 PM »
...copy/steal things from my page?

Jackie

Re: How can I do to stop people copy things from m
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2004, 07:25:30 AM »
There's really nothing you can do. Just keep an eye out and if you catch someone stealing/copying then report them and make sure everyone knows.

Vanessa Alvarez

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2004, 12:01:42 PM »
Actually, I think it's best you use a code disabling right clicks on your page (there are various ways to do this), that at least stops many copycats.  ;)  Of course, there are other ways besides right clicking to steal...and those you can't prevent sry!  :-/

Conor_Callahan

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2004, 06:28:24 PM »
Personally, I hate those anti right click codes. I can't save anything or copy anything when I'm too lazy to use keyboard shortcuts. Sometimes I like to see the properties or the source. Source codes can actually TEACH people. I have never stolen any code though. I always code myself.

Conor Callahan
President, ComputersNOW

j_t_r

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2004, 11:11:14 AM »
Hi! have you ever hard of HTML Encryption or HTML decode? you can find them on the internet, but you have to buy though.... it can stop people from copying your codes, i am not sure about pictures... nothing it is impossible....

2k dummy

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2004, 11:54:55 AM »
Its like putting a lock on a door. It will only serve to keep honest people honest. Just as a lock will not stop a determined crook, a savvy user can steal your code and pictures.

PCgeek8080

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2004, 05:06:45 PM »
Yes, there are scripts that prevent you from right clicking pages, but on most Windows™ keyboards, there is a key right next to the right Ctrl button that does the same thing as a right click, and the script doesn't prevent that.

Frankly, I don't care if someone tried to steal my images. It just means the pictures are really good.