Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Converting video 8mm to dvd?  (Read 6587 times)

MarleneD

Topic Starter

Intermediate
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    Converting video 8mm to dvd?
    « on: January 17, 2012, 08:44:10 AM »
    Is there a way of converting video from 8mm to dvd? I have a Sony camcorder (don't recall model # offhand) and would like to hook it up to my Mac to covert video to DVD.  Can this be done using the software (idvd) that it came with?  If so, how?  Physically, I mean.  What are the connections?  Does anyone know of a realiable link?
    Thanks all!

billiehawkins

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
      Re: Converting video 8mm to dvd?
      « Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 03:56:36 AM »
      Well, you could buy a device like this: analog-to-DV converter box ( http://www.elgato.com/elgato/na/mainmenu/products/Video-Capture/product1.en.html ). It's about 99$. There are cheaper ones out there, but you get what you pay for.

That's the easiest way. You plug one end to the camcorder, USB to the computer. Open the software, press play on the camcorder.. let it play through. It creates a movie file on the computer that you can use with iMovie or whatever.

briankkatz

• Experience: Beginner
        Re: Converting video 8mm to dvd?
        « Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 03:39:38 AM »
        I don't know much about the device and connections, but recently i have converted my 8mm hove video to DVD with the help of an online website you may also have a try.
        8mm to DVD