Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Video card is freezing now after a Windows update  (Read 2490 times)

VickieVale

Video card is freezing now after a Windows update
« on: November 25, 2011, 04:10:24 AM »
This is my first time here so please bare with me. After updating Windows 7 a few weeks ago my Gateway laptop began to freeze up and play a continuous screeching sound. A pop up box at bottom mentioned video driver stopped responding (to that effect). Some one said go to gateway and update the driver. Did that but their were 5 or 6 drivers. How do i know which one? And when im in my device manager where i can update driver, i try but it says its up to date. Any insight would be great!!! I'm a pro in the comp basics so please you  may need to explain this to me like a 5th grader.

Transfusion

Mentor

• STUPID=Smart Talented Unique Person In Demand
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
Re: Video card is freezing now after a Windows update
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 04:16:26 AM »
What is the make and model of your Gateway laptop? What version of Windows 7 are you using?
In Soviet Russia, iPhone touch you. Computer shut you down. Mouse click you. Floppy inserts you. Yahoo answers you. Man in TV watches you. Computer game addicts you. Guitar shreds you. Motherboard fries you. The laughter in manslaughter is put back in.
Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none