Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Print issues with Epson Stylus Photo R3000  (Read 3213 times)

Old Harley

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Print issues with Epson Stylus Photo R3000
    « on: November 25, 2011, 03:17:25 AM »
    Hi there folks;

I'm the semi-proud owner of the printer listed above.

In attempting to print a photograph from Adobe Lightroom, three issues seem to recur;
    1) the paper size resets itself to either Legal (8 1/2 x 11) or A3, no matter what I do, and;
    2) no matter what sized prints I try to print, I either get large margins around the image, or the bottom 3mm or so of the print is cut off. That is to say, the print comes out the regular size, but the bottom of the print just isn't there. Even printing a 4x6 print in the middel of an 8x12 sheet of paper, I get a 4x6 print...with the bottom 3mm or so missing. I can see it on the scree, but it's not part of the print;
    3) In setting the printer up for any particular print, I'll go into the printer settings to make sure that all is OK. When I hit the Print button, I get a little confirmation box which gives me the option to go into the printer settings again. When I do this, instead of being the same, they're DIFFERENT from what I just set, despite being an identical settings box.

In order to try to fix this, I have downloaded and installed the latest printer driver from the Epson website (v. 6.72)  cleared the cache of my computer; completely rebooted the system several times (including the printer); changed the setting for the printer in both Lightroom and in the printer settings; completely uninstalled and then re-installed the printer and driver software, and attempted to re-size my images. All to no avail! The same problems keep happening!

I am running Windows Ultimate 64 bit. I have a PC with 16 G of RAM, with an Intel Core i7 processor @ 3.2Ghz, and I'm trying to print from Adobe Lightroom v. 2.7. I've made sure that the printer driver is added through the COntrol Panel as well. I'm viewing this calamity on an EIZO Flexscan SX3031W, and the monitor itself is calibrated using the Spyder 3 Pro setup, however the colour is fine, this is just for addional info.

Any help would be appreciated. I've got clients awaiting their shots, and there's no way I can give them what's coming out of the printer at the moment.

Kind regards,

- Old Harley

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Print issues with Epson Stylus Photo R3000
    « Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 04:13:31 PM »
    As a workaround, add a 4 mm white border just the bottom of the photo. Save it as a new file using the  native format to prevent loss of quality. Print the image with the 'fake' boarder on the bottom.
    Later, find out what went wrong.

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 05:04:18 PM »
      Normally i would be inclined to believe the issue would be resolved by changing printer property parameters. However given my total lack of knowledge of the "Adobe Lightroom" software it is not beyond belief that the issue could be emanating from there. So here is a link to a site that contains a great deal of information on that software plus links to other tutorial sites.
      http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshoplightroom/resources.html
      Hope it helps,truenorth

Old Harley

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
        « Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 08:48:04 PM »
        I'll give these notions a go. Thanks very much indeed!

- Old harley