Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Partition in Win7 home  (Read 2873 times)

abubibo

Topic Starter

Rookie

Partition in Win7 home
    « on: December 01, 2011, 01:06:39 AM »
    Hi
    my labtop runs Win7 Home basic. I tried to create new partition but I am prompted with the message shown in attachment 2, and when clicking yes I get message 3. what can I do?

[regaining space - attachment deleted by admin]

kimsland

Intermediate

• Leaving, CH can obviously do without my support.
      • Experience: Guru
      Re: Partition in Win7 home
      « Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 01:29:05 AM »
      Because you have the maximum 4 primary partitions already.

This extremely similar topic answers how to do this in full: http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/143876-partitioning-problem.html

quaxo

Guru
        • Yes
      • Computer: Specs
      « Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 02:11:49 AM »
      Basically, you need to remove one of the partitions and create an extended partition, then you can create logical partitions within that.

skm2012

Starter

• Yes
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 12:08:49 PM »
      Hello there,

I do think u r creating this partition as we do shrink volume, that is why it is showing like this. so that means you are trying to create this partition in C drive. I can make this partition as a usable partition but in future if something wrong happen to your c drive and that time u would like to get data from ur drive u r going to create, but in that time u can not get this data, coz this is the partition we can create inside the C drive, otherwise take backup of desktop and fromat your system and create partition from there. if u do not want format ur system leave massage again I ll tell u this trick, right now I am suggesting u to do not create partition from here coz u have only partition that is C.

Allan

• Mastermind
      « Reply #4 on: December 19, 2011, 09:55:25 AM »
      Ignore the above post.