Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: PC losing internet connection when a Mac is on...  (Read 5361 times)

jdxtreme

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Experienced
    PC losing internet connection when a Mac is on...
    « on: October 29, 2012, 12:02:14 AM »
    Well i have a PC with Windows 7 , and my bro have a brand new Macbook Pro... The problem is everytime he turns on his Macbook, my internet stops working... or sometimes it just get way too SLOW. I've tried reseting router alot of times, changing modem, reinstalling network drivers... setting up windows firewall and nothing comes.... Is there a way I can fix this? its really annoying Help!!! :D

PD- sorry for my english its kinda poor :(

truenorth

Guru

Re: PC losing internet connection when a Mac is on...
      « Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 10:39:11 AM »
      Your use of English is just fine.You have not told us what type of internet service you are connected to nor how you are connected. So to perhaps save some time while you inform us of those things i shall make a couple of assumptions. The connection service is DSL and the method is wireless. Here is a link that explains a variety of possible causes for your issue and suggested remedies in each case.Please review them and see if any can resolve your problem. Return and tell us of the results.
      http://www.werockyourweb.com/your-wireless-connection-dropping
      truenorth

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 11:13:32 AM »
      "Apple gets more insidious by the day".....

Just kiddin.
       ;D
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

jdxtreme

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2012, 10:22:30 AM »
        Thx for responding Truenorth... Well my ISP is Liberty Cable: Speed 20Mb. My Desktop is connected via Ethernet cable, my brother's MacbookPro is via Wireless. Thing is if i use my laptop via Wireless... happends the same... btw My router is Linksys E1200... hope that helps :D

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2012, 10:37:13 AM »
          Ok thank you for the additional data. Now what if any of the suggested things from my web site link have you tried and what were the results?truenorth

jdxtreme

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2012, 08:53:54 PM »
            Well i've tried everything on that website, and the problem persist... even i did Flush DNS... I'm thinking maybe is my Linksys Router... even tho i've restarted it a bunch of times... lets see what it goes... still playing with it...

mathis.ws

Rookie
            • Mathis Consulting LLC
              • Computer Data & Web services - Mathis Consulting
            • Computer: Specs
            • Experience: Expert
            « Reply #6 on: November 05, 2012, 09:12:59 PM »
            Is your brother running a torrent client on startup?  If so it is possible that it could be set to throttle up his sharing while he is not using the computer. 

Also you may want to check your IP (and his) to see if you have set a conflicting static IP. 
            You might try using Google DNS 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 in case the issue is related to DNS problems on the router
            You could try updating the firmware on the Linksys

Thanks,

Mike

jdxtreme

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2012, 06:42:09 PM »
              Nope he's not using a Torrent Software... anyways i tried the public DNS, and problem persist, my last try is router... but its always when he turns on his Mac... right now here's not @ home, and im using internet very well... once he comes, it drains all the internet and i stay with nothing. Last thing i tried was connecting all Wireless PCs direct to the Modem... and leaving only my PC to the Router...Btw i already re-installed windows again >< Thx for answering ppl.

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2012, 08:33:39 PM »
                I recently read an article about regulating bandwidth on a linksys router ( which is what i believe you have).I am including a web link (google) that talks about how to regulate bandwidth. Perhaps it will be of help. http://www.google.ca/search?client=opera&rls=en&q=regulating+bandwidth+home+network&sourceid=opera&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&channel=suggest
                truenorth