Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Acquiring Network Address...  (Read 3050 times)

Mattardz

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Yes
  • Experience: Familiar
Acquiring Network Address...
« on: December 12, 2011, 09:34:27 PM »
Hello. I came here months ago to solve my virus problem and you all were very helpful. Here I am again with a different problem. I can no longer access the Internet from my computer. It is a wired connection going into the motherboard. One night it worked fine then when I turned my computer on the next day I was stuck "acquiring network address...". All other wired and wireless devices on the network work fine.

I am on windows xp sp3. I have an ecs elitegroup black series motherboard. I tried power cycling the router and the modem, I tried "repairing" the network connection from windows but that got me nowhere, I tried reinstalling the stock drivers from the motherboard cd, I even tried putting a new network card in from a different machine and I have no results. I can't access the router settings page either

I ran a full Avira antivirus scan and it found 3 viruses which were removed, still no results. I've tried "ipconfig /release" and an error occurs. I really don't know what else to do

Thank you in advance for your time,
Matt

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Acquiring Network Address...
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2011, 12:37:53 AM »
Your system may be infected. Try going to the Virus and Spyware Removal of Computerhope. http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/board,53.0.html

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
    • Me
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Acquiring Network Address...
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2011, 01:33:48 AM »
Reinstall network card drivers.  (Download from manufacturer's site to another machine; copy across with CLEAN USB stick.)
Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos