Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Cannot start up Windows 7.  (Read 2619 times)

not very good

Cannot start up Windows 7.
« on: December 26, 2011, 08:00:44 AM »
I have an Acer Aspire 5532 laptop. Have had trouble connecting to the internet. Only had limited connectivity. After fault finding was told there could be a problem with the Atheros modem card? I the tried to reset Windows back to original settings. It did not re install because of a missing file. Now, Windows will not start at all, not even in safe mode.
Error message reads,
File: \windows\system32\winload.exe
Info: The selected entry could not be loaded because the application is missing or corrupt.
Any one have knowledge on how to fix problem?
Help is appreciated.
Many thanks.

Daisymae70

Beginner

• IowaMrs70 Blog
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Cannot start up Windows 7.
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2011, 02:58:07 PM »

Do you have the original install disc? Can you reinstall Windows 7.

I hate to be the barer of bad tidings but if your were to google "Acer Aspire 5532 laptop problems"  You would find you aren't alone. It would seem people have had nothing but problems with this model.  I am sure that is not what you want to hear.  I would suggest you google  just that and possibly someone has had the same problem has found the solution.  I don't know how old your laptop is or if it is still under warranty but would maybe try to contact the manufacturer.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/acer/440540-brand-new-acer-5532-so-many-problems.html
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 03:14:52 PM by IowaMrs »
The Truth is the Truth whether you believe it or not.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.