Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Wireless speed slow.  (Read 5492 times)

smqt

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Wireless speed slow.
    « on: December 26, 2011, 11:30:47 PM »
    Hi, i have just bought a Acer Aspire 5750 and set it up only to find that my wireless is running at 5.5mbps where my other notebooks run at 75mbps. The speed is still fast but i would rather have it running at full speed. I have been reading up so many pages on how to fix the issue with no luck. I have a Broadcom 802.11n network adapter and running a netcomm N150 modem. My older Acer works fine and my toshiba also works fine both running a 802.11n adapter . Does anyone have a cure for this???
    « Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 12:01:40 AM by smqt »

smqt

Topic Starter

Starter

Re: Wireless speed slow.
      « Reply #1 on: December 26, 2011, 11:52:55 PM »
      any help would be much appreciated

Transfusion

Mentor

• STUPID=Smart Talented Unique Person In Demand
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • Yes
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 12:28:01 AM »
      Make sure your Wireless Transmit Power is set to "Full." and that your Power Saving Mode is set to "Off."

I have noticed that some wireless cards modify their link speed based on the activity of the wireless connection. I have an Azurewave Atheros AR9285/5895 card which when idle has a connection speed of 8.0Mbps, but when downloading a movie, goes all the way up to 150 Mbps.
      In Soviet Russia, iPhone touch you. Computer shut you down. Mouse click you. Floppy inserts you. Yahoo answers you. Man in TV watches you. Computer game addicts you. Guitar shreds you. Motherboard fries you. The laughter in manslaughter is put back in.
      Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none

smqt

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2011, 12:57:53 AM »
        I have tried the power options, mine are slightly different to the realtek ones but its still the same.

smqt

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2011, 01:08:40 AM »
          Update of whats been done, i have reinstalled windows 7 home premium. I uninstalled network adapters and reinstalled them, i have played with power settings and various other settings. Still sitting at 5.5 mbps.

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
          « Reply #5 on: December 30, 2011, 01:57:44 AM »
          75 mbps?! :o You might wanna check on reviews or comments online for users who bought the same model regarding the wifi connection.

brett74

Apprentice

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2011, 01:02:54 PM »
            If you have a warranty or a repair deal take it in and have them check the wifi card antenna connection my niece had the same with hers and now it works great her antenna was loose not even connected