Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Application Error  (Read 5295 times)

xp_user05

Application Error
« on: September 11, 2005, 01:50:24 PM »
I get the following Application Error Message whenever I try to run computer games (namely Who Wants To Be A Millionaire: Second Edition & Sim City 2000: Special Edition), this is an exact quote:

Application Error

WOWEXEC caused a General Protection Fault in module MMSYSTEM.DLL at 000A:0032

Choose close.  WOWEXEC will close.

What should I do?  I've tried everything I can think of.  Oh yeah, almost forgot:  I'm running on a Windows XP Operating System on a Compaq Presario (home).  The 2 afore mentioned games (as well as several others that don't work) are compatible up to and including Windows 95.

yourfateissealed

Re: Application Error
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2005, 02:01:15 PM »
Have you ran Xp's compatibility wizard?
I know that there are Microsoft released patches that allow compatibility with XP for older games.  Have you ran Windows Update ever?

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2005, 02:30:37 PM »
Do you have Service Pack 2 installed? Also, here is the defination for MMSYSTEM.DLL... http://www.processlibrary.com/directory/files/MMSYSTEM/index.php

[glb]Flame[/glb]

AndreiB

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2005, 07:06:09 AM »
If compatibility and win update,patches etc. doesn't work then your game isn't compatible with win XP. And I hate when it happens like that!  :(