Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Frame help  (Read 12858 times)

Veltas

Intermediate

• Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Frame help
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2012, 05:58:34 PM »
Hello Raptor, I see from your posts you're a vintage user!

An example of how the object tag would be any more use than a failed attempt with an iframe at simulating frames would be nice.

kpac

• Web moderator

• Hacker

• kpac®
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2012, 06:03:55 PM »
I didn't realise you could use a percentage of the height though, that's the issue.  I've tried it before and it didn't work...
There is a hack which makes height work...can't remember exactly what it is and I'm on my phone so can't look.

Raptor

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2012, 06:07:18 PM »
Hello Raptor, I see from your posts you're a vintage user!

An example of how the object tag would be any more use than a failed attempt with an iframe at simulating frames would be nice.

As far as I know, you can do with the object tag what you could do with the frame tag. Where's the failed iframe experiment?

kpac

• Web moderator

• Hacker

• kpac®
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2012, 11:36:31 AM »
There is a hack which makes height work...can't remember exactly what it is and I'm on my phone so can't look.
Going back to this, now that I'm on the laptop....to make an element appear 100% height you need to set the html and body elements to 100% height in the CSS. You also need to use * to reset the browser window's height.

Code: [Select]
*, html, body {
   height: 100%;
}

An element you set the height to 100% can only stretch to fill the containing element. That's why setting the <body> height to 100% alone doesn't work, because it can only stretch to fill the height of the <html> tag. I got a job before to convert a Flash layout to pure CSS/jQuery, and got it to look almost the exact same. jQuery was used only to add effects to images etc, as it was a photography website, but had nothing to do with the layout.

As far as I know, you can do with the object tag what you could do with the frame tag.
Yep, if you're completely demented you can even use <object> to insert a plain image.

blindhelpfultech

Beginner
  • Nadia
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2012, 08:09:23 PM »
to the admins and all all I would say it is everyones falt for not caring to fix it :) on the other hand your fourm is very nice.
Great learders know they don't know everything and that is OK to say they have no idea. Doing that they will allow them to not knowing is not a problem, it leaves you to be open minded to learn from others It is OK to ask for detail and learn from those that as we are are all new at something and have our skill set.

reddevilggg

Expert

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2012, 07:41:01 AM »

to the admins and all all I would say it is everyones falt for not caring to fix it

and yet the topic is marked as solved, strange eh?
11 cheers for binary !

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2012, 10:21:33 AM »
to the admins and all all I would say it is everyones falt for not caring to fix it
Not fixing what?
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

kpac

• Web moderator

• Hacker

• kpac®
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2012, 07:09:45 AM »
and yet the topic is marked as solved, strange eh?
Besides that, the OP is not exactly the easiest member to "help". Locked anyway.