Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Apple Monitor Cord  (Read 2576 times)

zeroburn

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Knowlege will take you further than any guide
    • Yes
    • Jared Kat Enterprises
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Apple Monitor Cord
« on: January 21, 2012, 09:45:27 AM »
I have a monitor by Apple, which is older (crt) and i revieved this with the VGA cord cut close to the actual monitor body. What would be the best way going about replacing the cable? should i try to splice it and cut open another cable? any input appreciated. Thanks.
I consider myself a hacker. Not in the way of "I can break into your facebook" but in the way, I like to learn as much as I can, about anything i can. I don't just like having things fixed, I like to understand why it was broken and why a particular solution fixed it. It is just how I am, and how I will always be. As teachers have said before, you cant learn if you don't figure it out in your own mind.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Apple Monitor Cord
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 10:15:21 AM »
Whatever you do i would be extremely careful...CRT monitors store quite a jolt of electricity...even over time...enough to stop a Human heart.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

zeroburn

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Knowlege will take you further than any guide
    • Yes
    • Jared Kat Enterprises
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 02:56:29 PM »
Understood on that part. However, still looking into how difficult it would be to fix it from the outside of the case, without opening it up. There is only a inch or so of the cable still out the back.
I consider myself a hacker. Not in the way of "I can break into your facebook" but in the way, I like to learn as much as I can, about anything i can. I don't just like having things fixed, I like to understand why it was broken and why a particular solution fixed it. It is just how I am, and how I will always be. As teachers have said before, you cant learn if you don't figure it out in your own mind.

Raptor

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 03:55:10 PM »
Solder on a new connector and then grab a VGA extension cord to get its original length back?

Sounds like a lot of work for something people hand out for free these days, though.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2012, 04:03:34 PM »
Actually i think its one of those where the cord goes right into the body...and with an inch of cable left i'd love to see that soldering job...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "