Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: IE8 smartscreen filter using Vista  (Read 3125 times)

Weeler

Topic Starter

Starter

IE8 smartscreen filter using Vista
    « on: January 24, 2012, 09:29:49 AM »
     Whatever website I go on that I need to "logon" or provide a password, IE8's smartscreen filter pops up saying "do you want to display secure content,etc." No matter
    what I click on ( YES , NO, or X ), it pops up again in 3 seconds....continuously, while I'm trying to navigate the website. I've gone into "safety" on the IE8 toolbar
    and slected to turn "off" the smartscreen filter, then "OK", but as soon as i check to see if it is indeed "OFF", it has automatically reselected "ON". I wouldn't mind the smartscreen
    filter popping up once, but the constant interruption and inability to turn -off has me at wits end. All my Security software ( Norton and Super Anti Spyware) don't detect a
    virus .

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: IE8 smartscreen filter using Vista
    « Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 01:10:56 AM »
    Try reset Internet Explorer Settings by your IE internet options - Advanced tab.

Weeler

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 04:37:14 PM »
      jason 2074:  I tried that.....and same results. I really believe my IE8 is somehow "infected" with something because it just isn't working correctly.
       Even though my security software says otherwise. Thanks for the suggestion.

Weeler

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 05:24:04 PM »
        If you do believe that some virus/malware/etc is at the basis of your issue i strongly urge you to make a post on our "virus/malware forum and very competent members (that exclusively are permitted to deal with that type of problem) will endeavor to assist you.truenorth