Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: unable to install vb 6.0 in xp  (Read 4333 times)

mac_sak

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
    unable to install vb 6.0 in xp
    « on: January 16, 2012, 10:00:43 PM »
    hi,
      I already installed Visual studio 2008 and SqlServer 2005, Then i need to install VB 6.0 When i was trying to install  there was one error message will display that is "Disk Set Previously Installed" . But in others computer will install properly.  Also i installed one exe that was developed in vb.  What is the problem. please give a solution.

Linux711

Mentor

• Yes
      • Programming Blog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: unable to install vb 6.0 in xp
    « Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 03:54:38 PM »
    I know. It is often very hard to install vb6 in XP, but I have to do it all the time because it is my main dev tool. The most common thing I would see is simply "Setup can not continue." and it would just terminate. I have never seen that error though. Does it say anything else? Sometimes it will say install failed (or something like that) and it will still work anyway lol, so look in your menu just to see maybe it installed anyway.
    YouTube

"Genius is persistence, not brain power." - Me

"Insomnia is just a byproduct of, "It can't be done"" - LaVolpe

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    « Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 05:13:21 PM »
    Disk Set Previously Installed
    Setup has found that this disk set has already been used by:<name>. Only the legal owner of this product may reinstall it, either to update an existing copy, or to replace any corrupted or missing files.
    You can continue to install this product, but you should be aware that it is protected by copyright law and international treaties.

it's not an error. It's a warning.

I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

mac_sak

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 09:35:27 PM »
      Thanks for your reply....
         After that warning... I clicked "continue" Button but the setup  is not responding (known by Task Manager) Then how to install... If there is any possibilities to delete the registry entries or any other files then install as fresh copy.  Please Help.