Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Weird Pop Up!!  (Read 8201 times)

garybear

Weird Pop Up!!
« on: January 27, 2012, 08:27:56 AM »
Hello friends! I'm a new member to your forum. I have been a member on other forums, so hope I don't mess up to bad here!
I'm attempting to attach a pop up to this post that I'm getting frequently.
Wondering if any one else is getting it??
I have Microsoft Security Essentials for Anti-virus. Also run WOT with MBAM running in real time.
My OS is W7.
I get this pop up when using Firefox to connect to Google. This just started happening recently. I have all up dates and I have not added in Apps. I very sure that I'm not infected. I have ran all the programs for checking for viruses and maleware. This is the only problem that I'm having. My PC is performing great. I'm just wondering if any one else is getting this??
Thank you!!
garybear!

[year+ old attachment deleted by admin]

Allan

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Weird Pop Up!!
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 08:31:36 AM »
Welcome to ComputerHope  :) .
See if this helps: https://groups.google.com/a/googleproductforums.com/forum/#!overview

garybear

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 08:39:40 AM »
See if this helps: https://groups.google.com/a/googleproductforums.com/forum/#!overview
Thank you for quick reply!! Not sure what your telling me???

Allan

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2012, 08:48:14 AM »
Not sure why I can't post that link. Click on the SECOND link (the one for Google Groups) in this search:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=&q=this+connection+is+untrusted+-+google&sourceid=navclient-ff&rlz=1B3GGGL_enUS369US309&ie=UTF-8

garybear

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 09:10:34 AM »
Not sure why I can't post that link. Click on the SECOND link (the one for Google Groups) in this search:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=&q=this+connection+is+untrusted+-+google&sourceid=navclient-ff&rlz=1B3GGGL_enUS369US309&ie=UTF-8
Thank you my friend!! My clock is set right! It seems to be a problem with Google. They will probably fix it very soon.
I'm going to like this forum!! Very professional.
I read the reply's and it looks like it's nothing to worry about: so I won't ;)
Thank you!! 

Allan

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2012, 09:16:51 AM »
You're most welcome.

garybear

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2012, 09:17:45 PM »
Hi!! Now I'm getting this pop up when  I use IE8. I'm using IE8 to connect to MSN.
Strange things are happening to my browsers,and my search engines. The only browser not getting a pop up is Chrome!
Not really worried; I just don't like weird things happening on my PC.
My friend has had to fix 4 PC's that got infected with the virus Vista 2012. That's scarey.
I'm not worried. I have my PC OS backed up three different ways. It's to bad people have nothing better to do than infect PC's.
I spend my time helping not hurting, and that's a lot more fun.
This is a great forum and I really like it here.
Thanks friends!!
garybear!!

Raptor

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2012, 10:25:05 AM »
Usually this kind of things happens when the clock isn't synchronized properly but if that's not the case, it would seem that foul play is afoot.

If it happens any other way, it must be an infection of some kind. Security Essentials doesn't seem very good at catching Rootkits so you might want to head on over to the malware forum and perform the suggestions given there for more thorough search of your system.

garybear

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2012, 12:52:28 PM »
Usually this kind of things happens when the clock isn't synchronized properly but if that's not the case, it would seem that foul play is afoot.

If it happens any other way, it must be an infection of some kind. Security Essentials doesn't seem very good at catching Rootkits so you might want to head on over to the malware forum and perform the suggestions given there for more thorough search of your system.

Hi! Thanks for your reply!! Clock is good. I have ran MBAM, ESET, GMER, Superantispyware and a couple more. My PC is running great. No evidence of malware, virus or Rootkits. GMER told me all was good. This started happening after Google and IE9 updates. Google is aware of this and that pop up on Firefox hasn't happened lately. Just started getting pop up on IE9. I really don't think it's some thing to worry about; just aggravating. I posted to see if any one here on the forum was getting this. I seldom use IE9. I have never gotten this message while using Chrome connecting to Yahoo. I suspect it's a browser problem or a search engine problem. I have 3 browsers and use a different search engine on each of them. I'm not being redirected and see no  evidence of an infection. Never say never LOL.
I will keep the malware forum in mind. I suspect they are busy and I won't bother them for now. Like I said earlier; it's not a problem, just a aggravation.
Thank you my friend for your reply. I will watch and see if this persists
PS I live in a retirement center and I have just started a club with senior citizens that I try to help. I just discovered this great forum and will be using it to find answers to their questions.
Thanks for your reply Raptor and also your reply Allan. You both are much appreciated.
garybear!!

Raptor

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2012, 01:32:22 PM »
Did you by any chance do the following before this problem arrised:

Windows XP SP2 by default has a system component called "Update Root Certificates". To turn this component off, select Start → Settings → Control Panel → Add or Remove Programs → Add/Remove Window Components → Update Root Certificates. Deselect the component and click "Next".

and then made any changes to your certificates?

(If so, you should re-enable it.)

Also, just to make sure it's in order, have you tried to force synchronizing the clock?

garybear

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2012, 03:14:40 PM »
Hi Raptor! I have W7 OS. Yes I have ran the maintenance feature  in W7 which synchronizes the clock. No problems or changes were made.
I will check to see if W7 has a feature that allows me to Update Root certificates. Add or remove programs is different from XP 3.
I haven't found the feature in W7 that deals with Certificates. I will keep looking for it.
Thanks for your reply my friend!!

garybear

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2012, 03:44:18 PM »
Hello friend!! I'm not sure where your link is taking me??
I just got the pop up again. When I clicked on view the certificate. I got this!! I went through all the steps as I have done several times.
That doesn't seem to stop the pop up the next time I click IE9  I see it again. I don't always get this pop up. Some times every thing is normal and I don't see the pop up????

garybear

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2012, 04:08:53 PM »
Hello friends!! I just Goggled this ! It seems to me to be some thing to do with my wireless router and WOT?? Does that make any sense to you? Maybe I should disable WOT and see if I get the pop up. It's really not a big problem, but now my curiosity is up. Would really like to find the cause if I can.
I really appreciate all your reply's and help on this aggravation LOL.
garybear!!

Raptor

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2012, 03:33:53 AM »
I was thinking WoT may have something to do with it but I'm not sure what it is. Is it some kind of proxy? Or a plug-in?

Has disabling it solved the problem?

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2012, 07:38:02 AM »
WOT = Web of Trust plugin for Firefox...

Flags questionable websites for the User.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "