Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Ubuntu Graphics Problems  (Read 3530 times)

zeroburn

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Knowlege will take you further than any guide
    • Yes
    • Jared Kat Enterprises
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Ubuntu Graphics Problems
« on: January 28, 2012, 03:33:39 AM »
I am unsure if this is a driver, hardware, or software issue, however, i will post here anyway.

Ubuntu Linux 11.04 Desktop i386 is installed on an older system. The system boots, and the default background of the grass happens to be in a verity of psychedelic colors, and appear to only be the background.

In setting, the preview of the background is of the normal color set, however when selected, the background is in a strange bazaar of colors. This is not a monitor problem, from what i have tested with multiple monitors.
I consider myself a hacker. Not in the way of "I can break into your facebook" but in the way, I like to learn as much as I can, about anything i can. I don't just like having things fixed, I like to understand why it was broken and why a particular solution fixed it. It is just how I am, and how I will always be. As teachers have said before, you cant learn if you don't figure it out in your own mind.

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
    • Me
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Ubuntu Graphics Problems
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 06:10:41 AM »
Almost certainly the wrong driver/version of xf86.
Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos