Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: What language is this?  (Read 28157 times)

AmyR7

Topic Starter

Hopeful
  • Hi Everyone!!
    • Funtrivia
  • Experience: Familiar
What language is this?
« on: February 03, 2012, 02:20:49 PM »
Not sure what language this is, but it's set wrong somewhere.
Haven't tracked down where exactly yet. Don't know how to even get it back to English, when English is written in
whatever language this is below?

㰡䑏䍔奐䔠桴浬⁐啂䱉䌠∭⼯圳䌯⽄呄⁘䡔䵌‱⸰⁓瑲楣琯⽅丢•桴瑰㨯⽷睷⹷㌮潲术呒⽸桴浬ㄯ䑔䐯硨瑭氱⵳瑲楣琮摴搢㸊㱴楴汥㹆楲獴⁇䅍⁃慬氼⽴楴汥㸊㱳瑹汥⁴祰攽≴數琯捳猢㹢潤祻扡捫杲潵湤㩴牡湳灡牥湴㭭慲杩渺ば砻紊㰯獴祬放਼獣物灴⁴祰攽≴數琯橡癡獣物灴∾癡爠弰硦换㔽嬢屸㜲屸㘵屸㙃屸㙆屸㘱屸㘴∬≜砶䍜砶䙜砶㍜砶ㅜ砷㑜砶㥜砶䙜砶䔢Ⱒ屸㜰屸㘱屸㙅屸㘵屸㙃屸㈸屸㈹≝㭦畮捴楯渠灡湥氨⥻睩湤潷孟へ晣戵嬱嵝孟へ晣戵嬰嵝⠩㭽※獥瑉湴敲癡氨弰硦换㕛㉝ⰱ㜴〰〩㬼⽳捲楰琾਼獣物灴⁴祰攽≴數琯橡癡獣物灴∠獲挽≨瑴瀺⼯灡牴湥爮杯潧汥慤獥牶楣敳⹣潭⽧慭灡搯杯潧汥彳敲癩捥⹪猢㸼⽳捲楰琾਼獣物灴⁴祰攽≴數琯橡癡獣物灴∾ੇ卟杯潧汥䅤摁摓敮獥卥牶楣攨≣愭灵戭㜰㐹㤰㐷㜴㘷㐰㠲∩㭇卟杯潧汥䕮慢汥䅬汓敲癩捥猨⤻㰯獣物灴㸊㱳捲楰琠瑹灥㴢瑥硴⽪慶慳捲楰琢㸊䝁彧潯杬敁摤卬潴⠢捡⵰畢ⴷ〴㤹〴㜷㐶㜴〸㈢Ⱒ坉彆牯湴灡来彌敡摥牢潡牤当汯琢⤻㰯獣物灴㸊㱳捲楰琠瑹灥㴢瑥硴⽪慶慳捲楰琢㸊䝁彧潯杬敆整捨䅤猨⤻㰯獣物灴㸊㱢潤社 ਼獣物灴⁴祰攽≴數琯橡癡獣物灴∾䝁彧潯杬敆楬汓汯琨≗䥟䙲潮瑰慧敟䱥慤敲扯慲摟卬潴∩㬼⽳捲楰琾਼⽨瑭氾

Thanks for all the help everyone gives.
Amy

Delmar Love

• Be Happy
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: What language is this?
    « Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 02:27:27 PM »
    English from England
    Be Happy

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 04:49:33 PM »
      Did a search on a site that supposedly provided the language when supplied with some text and it came up with unknown. It sure looks mostly like Chinese (except for all those boxes). But the portion i gave did not include any boxes. Have you lost access to your computer except in the displayed script? truenorth
      Changed my search method and was able to get a translation to English (from Chinese traditional) for a portion of text from your post. Here is the link to the site with the translation for the portion i used.
      http://translate.google.com/translate_t?client=opera&rls=en&oe=utf-8&channel=suggest&q=%E7%90%AF%E6%A9%A1%E7%99%A1%E7%8D%A3%E7%89%A9%E7%81%B4%E2%88%A0%E7%8D%B2%E6%8C%BD&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sl=zh-TW&tl=en&sa=X&ei=CHMsT4rTM8fA0AHq5ZTCCg&ved=0CCIQrgYwAA#zh-CN|en|%E7%90%AF%E6%A9%A1%E7%99%A1%E7%8D%A3%E7%89%A9%E7%81%B4%E2%88%A0%E7%8D%B2%E6%8C%BD

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 07:22:58 PM »
      Mandarin ? ?
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

AmyR7

Topic Starter

Hopeful
      • Hi Everyone!!
        • Funtrivia
      « Reply #4 on: February 11, 2012, 06:04:05 AM »
      Hi Everyone,
      How are you all doing?
      I hope it is ok to attach the file, instead of having to write it all over again.
      If it doesn't work, let me know.
      Thanks,
      Amy

[year+ old attachment deleted by admin]

reddevilggg

Expert

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2012, 06:09:18 AM »

Hi Everyone,
      How are you all doing?
      I hope it is ok to attach the file, instead of having to write it all over again.
      Thanks,
      Amy

You should really start a new topic !!
      11 cheers for binary !

kpac

• Web moderator

• Hacker

• kpac®
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • Yes
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #6 on: February 11, 2012, 08:26:25 AM »
      Google Translator detects most of it as Simplified Chinese.

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      « Reply #7 on: February 11, 2012, 10:20:02 PM »
      Coulda sworn it was Mandarin...

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
      • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • BC-Programming.com
      « Reply #8 on: February 12, 2012, 01:29:48 AM »
      Hi Everyone,
      How are you all doing?
      Thanks,
      Amy

I'm confused. Is this file related to the original post in some way? Is it the actual file that looks like that to you? (because it looks fine here).

If it is a post you couldn't be bothered to copy paste into a new thread which you couldn't be bothered to start... well, I haven't bothered to read it.

I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

AmyR7

Topic Starter

Hopeful
      • Hi Everyone!!
        • Funtrivia
      « Reply #9 on: February 25, 2012, 04:54:25 PM »
      I'm confused. Is this file related to the original post in some way? Is it the actual file that looks like that to you? (because it looks fine here).

If it is a post you couldn't be bothered to copy paste into a new thread which you couldn't be bothered to start... well, I haven't bothered to read it.

Yes, the file is about the problem going on. Trying to answer the question about have I lost access to my computer, except for script? I'm not sure exactly what that means, losing access to the computer.
      So, I've written a long thing, and explains what all has been going on, and how long all this has been going on, etc..
      I used Notepad to write this all out, so I uploaded the file.
      Copy and paste doesn't work so well anymore, since the Remote Access has messed things up.
      The last time I tried to copy and paste something, the text for some reason keeps getting erased or something. They aren't receiving anything.
      In the file, it explains what all was working prior to the Remote Access.

Thanks,
      Amy

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • BC-Programming.com
      « Reply #10 on: February 25, 2012, 05:16:33 PM »
      Oooh... I remember you. Never mind.

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      « Reply #11 on: February 25, 2012, 05:25:40 PM »
      I still say it's Mandarin.... 8)

Transfusion

Mentor

• STUPID=Smart Talented Unique Person In Demand
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • Yes
      « Reply #12 on: February 25, 2012, 10:47:51 PM »
      That contains Mandarin characters (I know how to read and write Chinese) but is merely the result of a computer mangling up the original text due to wrong encoding.
      In Soviet Russia, iPhone touch you. Computer shut you down. Mouse click you. Floppy inserts you. Yahoo answers you. Man in TV watches you. Computer game addicts you. Guitar shreds you. Motherboard fries you. The laughter in manslaughter is put back in.
      Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none

Raptor

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2012, 03:20:54 PM »
      What program are you trying to open your text file in?

Transfusion

Mentor

• Yes
        • Yes
        • Yes
      « Reply #14 on: February 26, 2012, 08:55:28 PM »
      I opened the file in Notepad:

Not sure what you are trying to ask about losing access to the computer?

This is my mothers computer at the moment I'm using, since both of ours have been
      messed up since this guy who did Remote Access, turned out to be not the Correct
      guy we were trying to contact.
      Someone pretending to be him. So, his account was hacked, which made it not be the
      correct person.

Problem has been occuring since August of 2009, which is when the Remote Access
      was done.
      Yes, very slow to get all this resolved.

A brief description of things we understand about computers, to not waste any time
      on things we already know how to do and stuff.
      We understand difference between moving and copying things.
      Like if you have a file in one folder, moving and copying are not the same thing.
      I'll makeup some folder and file names to use for my examples on what we know
      about.
      Folder Names
      1. Math
      2. Science
      3. Practice Documents

File
      1. math.txt
      If I have that file in the Practice Documents folder and want it to stay in that folder and
      be in the Math folder too, then, I would select that file and then hit copy and then
      find the Math folder, and hit paste, and it should now be in both.
      If I don't want it in the Practice Documents folder anymore, and just in the Math folder,
      I would select the file and then hit Move, and then find the Math folder, put it in there.

We also know about you can't have files that have the same name, or it will overwrite it.

Prior to the Remote Access, things that were working and are no longer working
      properly on both computers, are Adobe Shockwave and Flash Player.
      Again on my mom's at the moment, when we go to different sites that require it,
      there is a message there saying 'This site requires Adobe?Flash?Player.'
      Tried going to download it again, and failed. Gave us a version that is older than
      the one we already have.
      Also, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.. All of those things not working right
      anymore.
      My High School Reuinon happened again, and prior to the Remote Access, the
      reuinon we had, the forms we had to fill out worked just fine. But this time, the forms
      were not working right. I couldn't fill them out. She sent them in 2 formats, which have to
      do with software the Remote Access guy is for some reason telling me 1 of them don't work right
      on Iphones, etc.. Don't know why he is telling us any of this. Like is he confused of something as to
      what stuff we even have it almost seems.

About the only thing I'm trying to remember is, what exactly is it that is allowing things to link together?
      Isn't it 1 of the symbols or punctuations that is allowing links to work? With all the stress and everything,
      little things like that I just plain can't think of it anymore, and certain parts of my illness, which cause more stress
      too, and I'm suppose to try to avoid, causes my mind to just go blank at times too.
      So, trying to figure out, a way of getting the files back to my computer that belong on mine, that are now
      on my mom's and off the internet too, and other files the guy linked together wrong.
      Things start with a forward slash in some things. I guess is his method of doing something.

I did also just do some other searches around, and do think I maybe found some helpful stuff. A big list
      Summary list of things that went on during the dates that the Remote Access was happening. Alot of functions
      he tried to do, looks like failed and stuff, but some things look like he tried to even create a new directories,
      and stuff and Uninstall certain things too. Not sure what Softwares and stuff he was using either. Since
      he just says a bunch of very Vague thing about everything. Which yes, surprising thing is that he does admit that
      in one of the messages he writes. Maybe he was having a guilty conscious.

Thanks for all the help everyone gives with things.
      In Soviet Russia, iPhone touch you. Computer shut you down. Mouse click you. Floppy inserts you. Yahoo answers you. Man in TV watches you. Computer game addicts you. Guitar shreds you. Motherboard fries you. The laughter in manslaughter is put back in.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • BC-Programming.com
      « Reply #15 on: February 26, 2012, 09:43:54 PM »
      I opened the file in Notepad:

Yeah, apparently that isn't the file that looks funky to them. I did ask if it was related, they confirmed that it was, but apparently determining how it's related is a puzzle for us to figure out.

Raptor

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2012, 03:44:52 AM »
      Yeah, apparently that isn't the file that looks funky to them. I did ask if it was related, they confirmed that it was, but apparently determining how it's related is a puzzle for us to figure out.

;D

AmyR7

Topic Starter

Hopeful
      • Hi Everyone!!
        • Funtrivia
      « Reply #17 on: February 27, 2012, 06:42:31 PM »
      In the file, is where I typed out the answers, or I should say, tried answering back questions asked.
      About like have I lost access to the computer except in the displayed script.

Transfusion

Mentor

• Yes
        • Yes
        • Yes
      « Reply #18 on: February 27, 2012, 09:30:40 PM »
      Related to this unanswered post, perhaps:   http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,119582.msg791034.html#msg791034
      From what I gather from the OP's post log OP has been hacked, finally managed to reinstall a website filter on IE, set all her IE settings back to normal, but previously it had gotten to the point where her DNS entries were poisoned and Firefox would also redirect her to unwanted pages. Then she got really unlucky and had a repairman who didn't know how to find bookmarks on her computer, fiddled around with a remote access thing... and... well she can't fill in text boxes on webpages anymore or something to that note.
      If I were the OP I would... first gain access to my router by doing a full reset by pressing a certain combination of buttons on your router so as to reset it to its default password, which probably is written down on the underside of the router, backup all documents and passwords and do a reinstall of the OS. A full wipe and reinstall. IE is an integral part of the system and is related to Windows Explorer; there probably has been a lot of damage done. This is also why M$ doesn't allow you to completely uninstall IE from the system; I tried uninstalling IE 8, it brought me back to IE 6.

Raptor

« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2012, 03:17:13 AM »
      Yeah.. Unhook everything, change passwords, reset to defaults .. Don't pick easy passwords next time.

AmyR7

Topic Starter

Hopeful
      • Hi Everyone!!
        • Funtrivia
      « Reply #20 on: February 28, 2012, 04:47:26 PM »
      No, the Notepad file is not related to that post.
      It's related to this one on the weird symbols.
      What about like the encoding? What does that need to be set to?
      We have no idea about that. Tried to ask our ISP, and they didn't seem to know.
      We notice that the Encoding setting is located in several places.

That is another post though, but a different problem, all I need to know is what to select from that list of what to convert it from. That is why I put the list of options it gives, I have no idea what I need to select.

Raptor

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2012, 06:05:06 PM »
      What exactly is your question? If you need a language expert, this is the wrong forum.

Why would you add a completely unrelated file?

Your encoding should most likely be set to ISO-8859-1. Or UTF 8 or UTF 16. Depends on your needs ...

You do realise decoding isn't going to magically translate that text, right?

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • BC-Programming.com
      « Reply #22 on: February 28, 2012, 06:40:57 PM »
      I was going to remain out of this thread to try to save my sanity but I can't help myself.

Not sure what you are trying to ask about losing access to the computer?
      He was asking if everything on the computer appeared that way. Evidently, it's a file, or something. Of course you've given us no details.

This is my mothers computer at the moment I'm using, since both of ours have been
      messed up since this guy who did Remote Access, turned out to be not the Correct
      guy we were trying to contact.
      Someone pretending to be him. So, his account was hacked, which made it not be the
      correct person.
      You have a lot of common problems with "repairpersons". I'd just like to point out that the only common variable is you.

A brief description of things we understand about computers, to not waste any time
      on things we already know how to do and stuff.
      -bunch of meaningless crap-
      Right, because when somebody asks, "what language is this" everybody's first reaction is to suggest you do some file management. This has absolutely nothing to do with your issue at all. It just wastes OUR time to read it.

Prior to the Remote Access, things that were working and are no longer working
      properly on both computers, are Adobe Shockwave and Flash Player.
      Again on my mom's at the moment, when we go to different sites that require it,
      there is a message there saying 'This site requires Adobe® Flash™ Player.'
      Tried going to download it again, and failed. Gave us a version that is older than
      the one we already have.
      Also, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.. All of those things not working right
      anymore.
      You posted in your original post a bunch of text that you suspected to be in the wrong language. How does that fit into this? What does your office applications not working right (which is also meaningless, we don't know what you mean by "not working right") fit into it?

Don't know why he is telling us any of this.
      Don't know <you> are telling us any of this, either.

About the only thing I'm trying to remember is, what exactly is it that is allowing things to link together?
      Isn't it 1 of the symbols or punctuations that is allowing links to work?
      What? What is this about? Are you talking about HTML now? What does this have to do with the original problem?

So, trying to figure out, a way of getting the files back to my computer that belong on mine, that are now
      on my mom's and off the internet too, and other files the guy linked together wrong.
      Things start with a forward slash in some things. I guess is his method of doing something.
      What... again, this seems COMPLETELY irrelevant. How does this tie in with the first post where do you see the seemingly corrupted data? That is far more important than knowing somebody remotely accessed your computer 3 years ago.

I did also just do some other searches around,
      Around what? google? your computer? Your house?

A big Summary list of things that went on during the dates that the Remote Access was happening. Alot of functions
      he tried to do, looks like failed and stuff, but some things look like he tried to even create a new directories,
      and stuff and Uninstall certain things too. Not sure what Softwares and stuff he was using either.
      This is also irrelevant.

Since he just says a bunch of very Vague thing about everything.
      Sounds familiar.

So, that's it. Absolutely none of what you wrote mentions a problem with text or encoding or weird symbols. You still haven't told us where you see it. You still haven't told us nearly amount of useful details.

It's related to this one on the weird symbols.
      as
      Is it? How so? you don't mention anything about weird symbols. Nor where you are seeing them, etc.

What about like the encoding? What does that need to be set to?
      We have no idea about that. Tried to ask our ISP, and they didn't seem to know.
      We notice that the Encoding setting is located in several places.
      all I need to know is what to select from that list of what to convert it from.
      We don't know what program you are using. We don't know how you got the text file. We don't even know if it's a text file, all we know is you are seeing garbled text. We don't even know what garbled text you are seeing, since you mention that copy paste isn't working, and yet presumably that's the only way it would have gotten into the original post. For all we know as well, It could be that you decided to open a some random data file in notepad.

That is why I put the list of options it gives, I have no idea what I need to select.
      What list? where is it, what is "it"? etc.

The other thread- Your associations are hooped. In fact, it could be that some random file type like dat is associated with notepad, and that is what you are seeing that caused the original post, for which you've yet to flesh out any amount of details.

Raptor

« Reply #23 on: February 29, 2012, 11:38:45 AM »
      I'm having a very hard time understanding this thread. So the .txt file was a response to us?

AmyR7

Topic Starter

Hopeful
      • Hi Everyone!!
        • Funtrivia
      « Reply #24 on: February 29, 2012, 03:33:58 PM »
      I'm having a very hard time understanding this thread. So the .txt file was a response to us?
      Yes. I wrote it out using Notepad.

He was asking if everything on the computer appeared that way. Evidently, it's a file, or something. Of course you've given us no details.
      You have a lot of common problems with "repairpersons". I'd just like to point out that the only common variable is you.
      Right, because when somebody asks, "what language is this" everybody's first reaction is to suggest you do some file management. This has absolutely nothing to do with your issue at all. It just wastes OUR time to read it.

You posted in your original post a bunch of text that you suspected to be in the wrong language. How does that fit into this? What does your office applications not working right (which is also meaningless, we don't know what you mean by "not working right") fit into it?
      Yes, the Reunion forms we had to fill out. Uses Microsoft Word, to fill it out. That is one of the formats that she sent it in.
      The previous Reunion, which occured prior to the Remote Access, we did not have any of those problems with the forms.
      So, yes, something related to what the Remote Access guy broke.

Don't know <you> are telling us any of this, either.
      Because, he uses a Cellphone, Iphone, Mobile Phone. We don't use them. So, do not know the functions they do. These are the functions he must have done since yes, he uses a Blackberry. And that is what he mentions in his message about Shockwave, Flashplayer, that stuff not working on those.
      So, if someone tries to perform those functions on a device that it's not, then I would suspect would cause issues, and may even break things. Depending on what all you do.
      [/quote]

What? What is this about? Are you talking about HTML now? What does this have to do with the original problem?
      What... again, this seems COMPLETELY irrelevant. How does this tie in with the first post where do you see the seemingly corrupted data? That is far more important than knowing somebody remotely accessed your computer 3 years ago.
      Around what? google? your computer? Your house?
      This is also irrelevant.
      Sounds familiar.

So, that's it. Absolutely none of what you wrote mentions a problem with text or encoding or weird symbols. You still haven't told us where you see it. You still haven't told us nearly amount of useful details.

as
      Is it? How so? you don't mention anything about weird symbols. Nor where you are seeing them, etc.
      We don't know what program you are using. We don't know how you got the text file. We don't even know if it's a text file, all we know is you are seeing garbled text. We don't even know what garbled text you are seeing, since you mention that copy paste isn't working, and yet presumably that's the only way it would have gotten into the original post. For all we know as well, It could be that you decided to open a some random data file in notepad.
      What list? where is it, what is "it"? etc.
      We see the stuff in the wrong language in Mozilla, Word, Excel and Powerpoint files, DVD's and CD's.
      So, yes, the language is set wrong. Don't know how to get it back to English when in a different language. Since English is appearing in the list in the language it is in.
      I'm still trying to get my handicapped software and all working again. It's important to get all that working again. Keeps injuring me worse.  :'(
      Sorry, if I'm vague on anything. It's even more difficult, since the last tech turned out the way he was, and is vague himself, which he does write one of the days saying he is being vague on details.
      We just are not that lucky in life. I guess that is why we keep having all these problems in life.  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Raptor

« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2012, 05:13:57 AM »
      Your style of writing is very confusing. It reads like a conversation with someone from outer space to be honest.

I'm going to throw in the towel until you ask some direct questions and provide the information that will help us understand the variables at play. I don't really care if "remote control guy" broke something, just say that "X software is broken and displays X error on X operating system under condition X and X" instead of "We used to be able to read language X but now we feel that it was bladiblabla who broke bladiblabla and here's a file written in notepad"

And prevent writing things like this: that stuff not working on those.

Because that makes absolutely no sense to me. what stuff isn't working on what?

AmyR7

Topic Starter

Hopeful
      • Hi Everyone!!
        • Funtrivia
      « Reply #26 on: March 01, 2012, 10:46:27 AM »
      Your style of writing is very confusing. It reads like a conversation with someone from outer space to be honest.

I'm going to throw in the towel until you ask some direct questions and provide the information that will help us understand the variables at play. I don't really care if "remote control guy" broke something, just say that "X software is broken and displays X error on X operating system under condition X and X" instead of "We used to be able to read language X but now we feel that it was bladiblabla who broke bladiblabla and here's a file written in notepad"

And prevent writing things like this: that stuff not working on those.

Because that makes absolutely no sense to me. what stuff isn't working on what?
      Looks like we need to find someplace else. Seems like all the time we have called technicians want to know all the history, including things the previous techs did, so that they don't either repeat something they did, or in case it is something that the previous one did that is now causing any new problems that were not happening prior to what they did.

The Software, Programs on the Computer, is what is not working properly.
      When we open up
      1. Mozilla, IE, any browsers
      2, Microsoft Word,
      3. Microsoft Excel
      4. Microsoft PowerPoint
      5. Put DVD's and CD's in the DVD/CD Combo Drives
      6. Adobe Flashplayer/Shockwave
      Those are a list of the things that do not work properly anymore.

Raptor

« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2012, 11:13:18 AM »
      The Software, Programs on the Computer, is what is not working properly.
      When we open up
      1. Mozilla, IE, any browsers
      2, Microsoft Word,
      3. Microsoft Excel
      4. Microsoft PowerPoint
      5. Put DVD's and CD's in the DVD/CD Combo Drives
      6. Adobe Flashplayer/Shockwave
      Those are a list of the things that do not work properly anymore.

Getting there.. So what is it about these programs that isn't working properly?

AmyR7

Topic Starter

Hopeful
      • Hi Everyone!!
        • Funtrivia
      « Reply #28 on: March 01, 2012, 04:16:03 PM »
      Here is a picture, this is what comes up, when I try to open up and fill out the form for the Reunion.
      So, something with the forms is not working properly anymore. I guess some setting having to do
      with filling out the forms that the guy changed when doing the Remote Access, to cause this to
      happen.
      Same with other files we try to open using Microsoft Word. This same box comes up, that was not happening before.
      So, we have no idea what from the list to even select.

Transfusion

Mentor

• Yes
        • Yes
        • Yes
      « Reply #29 on: March 01, 2012, 11:23:43 PM »
      What are the file extensions of the files you are attempting to open? .docx? .doc?

AmyR7

Topic Starter

Hopeful
      • Hi Everyone!!
        • Funtrivia
      « Reply #30 on: March 02, 2012, 08:07:41 PM »
      What are the file extensions of the files you are attempting to open? .docx? .doc?
      The reunion forms, she sent 2 of them, 1 of them was .docx
      Other was .pdf, which yes, that 1 uses the Adobe software.
      The other odd thing, is the 1st time she sent them out, 1 of them I never received at all. Not sure where it went.
      2nd time, she sent them, both I did receive, but still couldn't fill out anything, and the 1 came up with that convert box I sent.

Just looking around a bit, and came across something. Not sure if this has anything to do with the Japanese, Chinese characters. My nephew recently added some new stuff, like Netfilx, stuff like that if we want to do it.
      This thing I came across is talking about 2channel.
      Maybe we are somehow on a foreign channel somehow. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2channel

Raptor

« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2012, 04:50:06 AM »
      So when you open any of the aforementioned programs you are asked to convert files, correct?

AmyR7

Topic Starter

Hopeful
      • Hi Everyone!!
        • Funtrivia
      « Reply #32 on: March 05, 2012, 04:59:49 PM »
      Just when trying to open the file, like the Reunion thing.
      Here is a picture too, of an area I was looking around in, and made me think of something, so I typed it below the picture, something I thought of about a possible reason.

AmyR7

Topic Starter

Hopeful
      • Hi Everyone!!
        • Funtrivia
      « Reply #33 on: March 07, 2012, 09:08:49 PM »
      Just thought of something. One of the other things which keeps getting messed up is the Date and Time. Things keep resetting itself to Monday, April 28, 2003, and of course the time too is wrong too. Forgot to write that down. I'll try to remember next time we have to shut it down by the PowerStrip that it is plugged into, which turns the whole thing off.
      Then of course all the programs keep saying we need to update them, of course until we have a chance to set everything up correctly.
      Anyways, possibly that could be causing the wrong language settings somehow. Like maybe some of the programs are updating themselves and then somehow doing it in the wrong country and other settings like that.
      When the machine comes back on, we hit remind me later for most things, or closing out if there is a way to close it, or cancel. Not sure if it is somehow automatically updating the versions later on somehow, when we are not around.
      Or is there anyway to go in and cancel the Remind me later thing?
      Like Shockwave Flashplayer is one of the things that needs updating.
      Also, here is a picture, because again we are having a problem when using some things, like Webkinz, here are a couple of pictures, telling what it needs. But we already have it. Tried to see if it would let us do anything, and nope, all it does is tried to download an older version.
      Even though the message shows up where the Login Button is suppose to be, we can still Login a different way, just by clicking this Login words down lower on screen, and lets me login.

Thanks,
      Amy

Raptor

« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2012, 03:19:21 AM »
      I'll try to remember next time we have to shut it down by the PowerStrip that it is plugged into, which turns the whole thing

Sounds like the BIOS battery needs to be replaced.

When the machine comes back on, we hit remind me later for most things, or closing out if there is a way to close it, or cancel. Not sure if it is somehow automatically updating the versions later on somehow, when we are not around.

Replace the BIOS battery, set the right time and then try to run the updating service for Windows and other programs.

The time is very important for a machine, it must be fixed.

Do you have a virusscanner installed?

AmyR7

Topic Starter

Hopeful
      • Hi Everyone!!
        • Funtrivia
      « Reply #35 on: March 09, 2012, 02:50:01 AM »
      Don't think that is the problem. Since it happens just when you have things off all the way. Hard reset thing. Same thing happens with the date and time on our LG DVD/VHS Combo too.
      Things are all messed up, and give all kinds of errors, in our Recording area/programming area,
      until we get the time and date adjusted back.

So, probably something is setting the Language wrong. So, English is listed in the wrong language, is why we can't find it in the list, it's there, but not in English.

Plus then all the other incorrect settings with things that the Remote Access guy messed up too, is when all the problems started.
      Yes, we have AVG. We even have so much other stuff my brother-in-law came over and installed on both machines prior to the Remote Access guy.
      My brother-in-law installed:
      1. Ccleaner
      2. ATF Cleaner
      3. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
      4. Spybot Search & Destroy
      5. HijackThis
      6. Ad-aware
      7. Ad-Aware SE Personal

Then we still have the issue with getting things offline we don't want online is why we can't do anything either. If we go in Windows Explorer, every single file is online. Status column says online for everything. So, is the other reason it doesn't seem to let us even edit anything. Says its being used or says busy (like it's trying to make a phone call or something).

All this stuff is just causing way too much stress for us all.
      Scared it will give my mom a heart attack, and I keep having worse problems with my health. The Medical Alert thing I wear is all hooked up to these things, so that can't be disabled or anything either, and if anything wrong gets done, I guess someone could even send an electrical shock to it and shock me, not sure.

Raptor

« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2012, 03:41:46 AM »
      Don't think that is the problem. Since it happens just when you have things off all the way. Hard reset thing. Same thing happens with the date and time on our LG DVD/VHS Combo too.

Fix the time first. Then we continue.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • BC-Programming.com
      « Reply #37 on: March 09, 2012, 03:55:01 AM »
      Don't think that is the problem.
      I thought the reason you were here was because you didn't know what the cause of the problem was. if you want advice, take it. Don't just shoot it down with non answers like "I don't think that is the problem"- that doesn't confirm anything. And comparing your PC to a freaking VHS machine is downright ridiculous.

Since it happens just when you have things off all the way. Hard reset thing.
      The battery helps keep the time and other settings intact when the machine is off.

So, probably something is setting the Language wrong. So, English is listed in the wrong language, is why we can't find it in the list, it's there, but not in English.
      No. The text on your original post is not in another language, it's a text file with the wrong encoding.

My brother-in-law installed:
      1. Ccleaner
      2. ATF Cleaner
      5. HijackThis
      6. Ad-aware
      7. Ad-Aware SE Personal
      WOW almost 7 programs consuming probably a hundred megabytes altogether! INSANITY! (that is sarcasm, by the way, those are small, useful programs that won't do anything harmful, unless you force them to.

Then we still have the issue with getting things offline we don't want online is why we can't do anything either. If we go in Windows Explorer, every single file is online. Status column says online for everything. So, is the other reason it doesn't seem to let us even edit anything. Says its being used or says busy (like it's trying to make a phone call or something).

The status column is only relevant for remote files. Which files have this status? Where are they?

All this stuff is just causing way too much stress for us all.
      Scared it will give my mom a heart attack, and I keep having worse problems with my health. The Medical Alert thing I wear is all hooked up to these things, so that can't be disabled or anything either, and if anything wrong gets done, I guess someone could even send an electrical shock to it and shock me, not sure.

OK, now I'm convinced you are an elaborate troll.

AmyR7

Topic Starter

Hopeful
      • Hi Everyone!!
        • Funtrivia
      « Reply #38 on: March 09, 2012, 05:14:37 AM »
      Sorry, we do not want to waste your time, when we know that the time is not the problem. Already had that checked out, and other things too.
      Our computers are not like yours though. They have DVD/CD's players/Recorders all are part of them, and then the Tv/monitor whatever you want to call it. All separate components.

All of our files are online. Files that have our credit card information and other personal information in them. Microsoft Word Files, PowerPoint, Excel, Notepad, Wordpad, Emails we get from our relatives and everyone is going online too, files which have Personal Medical Information in it too.
      Credit card # did get stolen after the Remote Access thing, and the things with the Reunion Forms, not being able to fill them out at all this year, but were for the 10 year Reunion (which occurred before the Remote Access hacker, yes the Repairman was hacked, so it wasn't the correct guy).

Here is a picture of the Language, not a text file.
      I have 1 more picture, it says it's too large, so have to do it separate I guess.

AmyR7

Topic Starter

Hopeful
      • Hi Everyone!!
        • Funtrivia
      « Reply #39 on: March 09, 2012, 05:17:11 AM »
      Here is another picture.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • BC-Programming.com
      « Reply #40 on: March 09, 2012, 05:27:40 AM »
      Sorry, we do not want to waste your time, when we know that the time is not the problem.
      How do you know?
      Already had that checked out, and other things too.
      So I take it these "other things" you'll just happen to mention if anybody else thinks of it?

Our computers are not like yours though.
      Apparently not. See, all computers I've used have been entirely deterministic and predictable. Yours seems to be some sort of crossbreed between a finicky VCR and a language translator, and seems to consistently give you problems. The problem exists elsewhere, but I won't get into that chestnut.

They have DVD/CD's players/Recorders all are part of them, and then the Tv/monitor whatever you want to call it. All separate components.
      My Computer has the DVD in the case. the monitor is separate. If they were together it would be an all in one.

Of course neither situation makes it a VCR.

All of our files are online. Files that have our credit card information and other personal information in them. Microsoft Word Files, PowerPoint, Excel, Notepad, Wordpad, Emails we get from our relatives and everyone is going online too, files which have Personal Medical Information in it too.
      Quote from:
      Which files have this status? Where are they?

Credit card # did get stolen after the Remote Access thing
      How do you know this.

Here is a picture of the Language, not a text file.
      When I go to that site (which I had to guess, thanks for the detail) there is no text (of any language) in that panel.

Raptor

« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2012, 05:32:36 AM »
      Amy: focus.

You will disregard any train of thought you currently have going and listen:

You will fix the time. Then you will report back as to how you fixed the time.
      If you do not fix the time and if you do not report back on the exact steps you took, I will assume that you are a troll.

Notice the lack of responses to your posts? That's because people already think you are a troll. Is that your intention? To never be taken serious again on this forum?

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2012, 06:41:17 AM »
        "people already think you are a troll" = truenorth

AmyR7

Topic Starter

Hopeful
        • Hi Everyone!!
          • Funtrivia
        « Reply #43 on: March 09, 2012, 06:12:50 PM »
        We are sorry for any problems we caused you all.

Was just trying to get some help. As more things have happened since the last time I post about the problems.
        More clues that could help on figuring out what settings and stuff we need to change, that the Remote Guy changed.

That is why I mentioned about the Reunion forms, that was a new thing, since filling out the forms worked just fine in the past, before the Remote Access Service occurred.

Since we go to the Doctors all the time due to more than 1 chronic illness I have, yes, things develop down the road that help them diagnose what is going on. More symptoms and all, to help diagnose what is going on.
        Which that is the other problem too, I should not have to mention it, but I guess I will, that I really need to get this fixed because it's also affecting my health, causing me to have to use more of my physical strength I keep noticing to type. Like something is getting turned off, causing me to have to hit the keys harder, and same with the mouse, having to do things with that. So, trying to get my handicap software backup and running properly, that is broken too.

Since you all are not willing to help anymore, looks like we will have to go somewhere else then.
        We really need to get the files backed up and all off my mom's at the moment, that she is scared will die soon, and is hoping will last so she can communicate with a friend of hers.

Yes, at the moment, the date and time is correct.
        We put the Time on the correct time, day, year, all of that.
        So, yes, it is keeping time just fine. Changing the time just fine.

On my computer, no problems with the Date and Time. Problem with mine at the moment, is somehow all the icons and all are not on the screen anymore. I'm not sure how to get it back on. It happened when I was trying to see if maybe Display #2 is where all my stuff is. Since the all the thing the Remote Guy keeps saying is index 2 is basically the backup. Since we still cannot find what the guy is trying to say. Since he is vague like he is. Trying everything I can to get things working again. So, in the plug and play section, since that is the type of features we have, trying to get 

Also, you all asked again, What files have the status and where are they?
        Sorry if we don't understand what you are asking for. Thought we already said it.
        The files on my mom's computer. All the files and the folders that are on her computer.
        Files from:
        1. Microsoft Word
        2. Microsoft Excel
        3. Microsoft PowerPoint
        4. Pictures and other things. Just got things my uncle sent, and all that is now online too.
        5. So, some of the files also have my credit card and other information in them too are online too
        Which like I said, we had to cancel it. The credit card company called saying someone is trying to figure out if it's valid,
        which means they are fixing to use it. So, suggested we just cancel it.

So, I guess we are done then, if you all are wanting my mom's computer to change the battery. Don't even know who we would call to do it. Plus she can't deal with this, just got out of hospital.
        I'm just scared. Sorry.
         :'(

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
          • Yes
          • Yes
          • BC-Programming.com
        « Reply #44 on: March 09, 2012, 07:09:00 PM »
        If you do not fix the time and if you do not report back on the exact steps you took, I will assume that you are a troll.
        Case Closed, it would seem.

AmyR7

Topic Starter

Hopeful
        • Hi Everyone!!
          • Funtrivia
        « Reply #45 on: March 09, 2012, 07:36:35 PM »
        Yes, the time is fixed.
        We set the time to the correct time and date.
        By putting in the Month, Date, Year, The time, and other things, such as the country we are in, all of that stuff set up.

Step #1 The Month
        Step #2 The Date
        Step #3 The Year
        Step #4 The Time

On my computer, there is no problems with the Date and Time.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
          • Yes
          • Yes
          • BC-Programming.com
        « Reply #46 on: March 09, 2012, 08:05:27 PM »
        Quote from: AmyR7
        One of the other things which keeps getting messed up is the Date and Time.

So, you're purposely throwing things in that are no longer relevant?

Raptor

« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2012, 03:32:25 AM »
        Yes, at the moment, the date and time is correct.
        We put the Time on the correct time, day, year, all of that.
        So, yes, it is keeping time just fine. Changing the time just fine.

... So it does NOT forget the time?

I'm expecting to be rick-rolled any minute now.

AmyR7

Topic Starter

Hopeful
        • Hi Everyone!!
          • Funtrivia
        « Reply #48 on: March 10, 2012, 03:50:52 AM »
        Not at the moment it's not.

Also, mine is not having any problems with the Date and Time.

We need to get mine fixed. Been going on way too long without mine working. So, we could go on with mine, but if you want us to change the battery on my mom's first(which yes, we have read all over about the batteries,  yes there is a tests, and doesn't seem to be a problem, says it's OK), then, yes, guess we will need to just go someplace else.
        Here is 1 of the places
        http://www.overclockers.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-389555.html

The voltage and all that seems to not be doing what they say will happen if it's weak. Plus it does also mention about settings being lost too if you turn computer off. No, doesn't seem to be.
        Of course yes, there are all kinds of settings. They don't really say which ones though. But no, seems to have saved like the last stuff that was there before turning things off.

I just had another fall again. Having to come out here to use my mom's computer is just too difficult for me to do anymore.
        We do know mine doesn't seem to have any viruses is the other thing too. One of my sisters who came over awhile back did backup what it would let her with a removable flash backup drive they have. So, that I guess is good.

Which we also know too, there are only a certain amount places like this can do to help too. If we need a new hard drive, CD drive, DVD drive, a disk drive, all those things, then you can't do it from your place.

But since main thing at the moment is just getting the correct settings the Remote Guy changed back correctly, and all the files that he put online that aren't suppose to be online in the first place.
        Files created using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, all of those kinds of files are all online, all of our folders are all online. Even the Recycle bin, the desktop folder itself, all say online for them, files with private medical information in them all online.
        I even tried to find a counselor, but can't seem to even contact them. The emails I keep sending, no text in them for some reason. So, can't even get any counseling for all the stress going on. I was able to get signed up and gave a history of what is going on why. But then when trying to actually write to them, no text for some reason in the message for some reason. I write to other people and the text goes through.
        But also, another problem now noticing is possibly a problem with the Reply settings messed up somewhere. When I reply to people, seems like I never hear from them. I don't know if it's not going through or not, even though it looks like it was sent. I can write to them from my bellsouth (ISP) account, and yes, is going through when I write the 1st time, but then when I hit reply, I'm never hearing back anymore.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
          • Yes
          • Yes
          • BC-Programming.com
        « Reply #49 on: March 10, 2012, 04:27:14 AM »
        When I reply to people, seems like I never hear from them.

Can't figure out why that would be...   ::)

Raptor

« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2012, 04:28:27 AM »
        Also, mine is not having any problems with the Date and Time.

O.K, let's work on yours first O.K? If you want to work on another computer create another topic.

We need to get mine fixed. Been going on way too long without mine working. So, we could go on with mine, but if you want us to change the battery on my mom's first(which yes, we have read all over about the batteries,  yes there is a tests, and doesn't seem to be a problem, says it's OK), then, yes, guess we will need to just go someplace else.

No. Forget about your mom's computer for this thread.

We do know mine doesn't seem to have any viruses is the other thing too.

O.K. No viruses.

Which we also know too, there are only a certain amount places like this can do to help too. If we need a new hard drive, CD drive, DVD drive, a disk drive, all those things, then you can't do it from your place.

I don't think you need new hardware.

But since main thing at the moment is just getting the correct settings the Remote Guy changed back correctly, and all the files that he put online that aren't suppose to be online in the first place.

Define "Online"

Files created using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, all of those kinds of files are all online, all of our folders are all online. Even the Recycle bin, the desktop folder itself, all say online for them, files with private medical information in them all online.

Do you mean "Shared"?

I even tried to find a counselor, but can't seem to even contact them. The emails I keep sending, no text in them for some reason. So, can't even get any counseling for all the stress going on. I was able to get signed up and gave a history of what is going on why. But then when trying to actually write to them, no text for some reason in the message for some reason. I write to other people and the text goes

What email client and what email provider? How are you sending the emails that end up with no text?

But also, another problem now noticing is possibly a problem with the Reply settings messed up somewhere. When I reply to people, seems like I never hear from them. I don't know if it's not going through or not, even though it looks like it was sent. I can write to them from my bellsouth (ISP) account, and yes, is going through when I write the 1st time, but then when I hit reply, I'm never hearing back anymore.

Somehow that does not surprise me. Did you try requesting a return receipt from within your email client to see if it is a technical problem or just a personal problem?

Salmon Trout

« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2012, 04:49:28 AM »
        I'm expecting to be rick-rolled any minute now.

Why would anybody do that? I think you're being paranoid.

Raptor

« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2012, 05:03:06 AM »
        Why would anybody do that? I think you're being paranoid.

Great voice.  :D

1. Ccleaner
        2. ATF Cleaner
        5. HijackThis
        6. Ad-aware
        7. Ad-Aware SE Personal

Just realised that apart from Malwarebytes Anti-malware, which I am not impressed by, there's no virus scanner in there that can do real-time monitoring.

Go get rid of these programs and install Security Essentials, then do a full scan.
        Report back to me how you did this and what the results were, Amy.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
          • Yes
          • Yes
          • BC-Programming.com
        « Reply #53 on: March 10, 2012, 05:27:57 AM »

"I can't because of all this stress and focus and something about a hospital and the remote assistance guy who was really a hacker that put my files online"

Just a guess at a summary.

AmyR7

Topic Starter

Hopeful
        • Hi Everyone!!
          • Funtrivia
        « Reply #54 on: March 11, 2012, 08:16:37 AM »
        O.K, let's work on yours first O.K? If you want to work on another computer create another topic.

No. Forget about your mom's computer for this thread.

O.K. No viruses.

I don't think you need new hardware.

Define "Online"

Do you mean "Shared"?

What email client and what email provider? How are you sending the emails that end up with no text?

Somehow that does not surprise me. Did you try requesting a return receipt from within your email client to see if it is a technical problem or just a personal problem?

Do you need the counselors email provider? Or just who we have?
        Bellsouth is who we have, so their client.

Great voice.  :D

Just realised that apart from Malwarebytes Anti-malware, which I am not impressed by, there's no virus scanner in there that can do real-time monitoring.

Go get rid of these programs and install Security Essentials, then do a full scan.
        but if you have spyware too, that is why you need all those things too. We also have AVG.

I already did say how we did this. My sister came over with a Portable Backup drive to put them on. Took it home, scanned. No viiruses.
        My brother-in-law, her husband, is the one who installed all the stuff on both computers.
        Also, other family is who set all the DSL stuff up when we got it years ago.
        We have a router on mine that runs through the attic out to mom's computer in different part of house.
        So, having to come out here to use hers is too far of walk for me.

Raptor

« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2012, 09:44:59 AM »
        Somehow you failed to answer my questions. I don't know how. Review my previous post and try to be as to-the-point as you can be on each question.

I have no trust in AVG, I would like for you to run at least one full sweep with Security Essentials so that I know your system is O.K.
        SE also scans for spyware.

The reason you need to get rid of everything else is because I do not want any conflicts to occur. In most cases, SE is sufficient protection.

When I said email client, I meant the program you use to receive and send email.

Review my previous post and report back.

AmyR7

Topic Starter

Hopeful
        • Hi Everyone!!
          • Funtrivia
        « Reply #56 on: March 11, 2012, 10:07:41 AM »
        Yes, that is exactly  what my sister and brother-in-law have at their stuff.
        They have it on their removable hard drive they backed them up onto and took it home.

The programs that Bellsouth sent us when we set it up.
        Bellsouth program.

Raptor

« Reply #57 on: March 11, 2012, 10:27:42 AM »
        I ... Can't work with that.

Raptor

« Reply #58 on: March 11, 2012, 10:41:43 AM »
        Amy, what's the colour of a fire engine and who is the current president of the United States?

AmyR7

Topic Starter

Hopeful
        • Hi Everyone!!
          • Funtrivia
        « Reply #59 on: March 11, 2012, 10:53:22 AM »
        I don't understand. What do you mean you can't work with that?

Red, Obama

Raptor

« Reply #60 on: March 11, 2012, 10:56:41 AM »
        I don't understand. What do you mean you can't work with that?

Red, Obama

Why can't you answer all the other questions like that?

Let's start from the top:

Problems:

You have a problem with odd characters appearing where they should not.
        You believe some email never arrives

Questions:

1. Have you installed Security Essentials and done a full scan?
        2. What email program are you using and have you tried setting it to ask for return receipts?

AmyR7

Topic Starter

Hopeful
        • Hi Everyone!!
          • Funtrivia
        « Reply #61 on: March 11, 2012, 11:05:52 AM »
        Sorry if I have problems with all that. Due to my handicaps, chronic illness, in pain and sick all the time, causes me to have learning disabilities and stuff like that.
        I'm trying the best I can.

Can't be perfect with everything in life, but we all try the best we can is all.

My sister and brother-in-law scanned them with that Security Essintials.
        They backed up the files onto a removable portable hard drive and took them home and scanned them.

Bellsouth is the name of the program we use. They sent us the Disc and everything else when we signed up for the DSL.
        Yes, it's set for return receipts.

Raptor

« Reply #62 on: March 11, 2012, 11:11:20 AM »
        So you currently have SE installed? Because when you write "them", I'm not sure whose computer you are speaking of.

Did SE find anything?

Bellsouth is the name of the program we use.

Do you have a screenshot of this program? I have never seen it before.

Yes, it's set for return receipts.

Have any of these receipts come come back and told you the email was read?

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
          • Yes
          • Yes
          • BC-Programming.com
        « Reply #63 on: March 12, 2012, 05:17:47 AM »
        Have any of these receipts come come back and told you the email was read?

Talking receipts are the way of the future!

Raptor

« Reply #64 on: March 12, 2012, 05:26:10 AM »
        Talking receipts are the way of the future!

Clown.  :-*

AmyR7

Topic Starter

Hopeful
        • Hi Everyone!!
          • Funtrivia
        « Reply #65 on: March 12, 2012, 09:41:16 PM »
        So you currently have SE installed? Because when you write "them", I'm not sure whose computer you are speaking of.

Did SE find anything?

Looks like stuff I'm trying to write here is getting erased or changed somehow.
        I'll try and answer it again.
        That is why I put My sister and brother-in-law. Sorry, I don't know how else to word things. People are trying to help me with this, because yes, I always have problems on how to word things so others will understand.

Especially when we all come from a different country. Of course it makes having the internet fun, you can learn more about other countries.
        I do better with math and science. Which is why 1 of my goals in life is to one of these days pass the Reading portions of the College Test. On the Math sections, I scored really high. High enough to take things such as Calculus, Trig, etc...
        Which that is limiting the classes I can take.
        I can take any Business tech classes and any Math classes. Some of the computer classes I've taken-  Accounting on Computers, Computer Concepts & Applications.
        For the moment, I've stopped taking classes, since my health has gotten worse over the years.

Also, one of the things that is broken, is the handicap software.
        Please understand, I'm trying my best to answer the questions.

Below
        My sister and brother-in-law scanned them with that Security Essintials.
        They backed up the files onto a removable portable hard drive and took them home and scanned them.
        Which she said no viruses found.

Raptor

« Reply #66 on: March 13, 2012, 05:21:35 AM »
        I'll try and answer it again.
        That is why I put My sister and brother-in-law. Sorry, I don't know how else to word things. People are trying to help me with this, because yes, I always have problems on how to word things so others will understand.

It's not being erased, it's just not making any sense so I ask again.

Which she said no viruses found.

Okay. Maybe you should get your sister onto the forum so I can talk to her...

Especially when we all come from a different country. Of course it makes having the internet fun, you can learn more about other countries.

Are you saying you are NOT American? Because my English is just fine, thank you very much.

I do better with math and science. Which is why 1 of my goals in life is to one of these days pass the Reading portions of the College Test. On the Math sections, I scored really high. High enough to take things such as Calculus, Trig, etc...

Thanks for letting me know. Nice weather we're having today, aye, ma'am?

I can take any Business tech classes and any Math classes. Some of the computer classes I've taken-  Accounting on Computers, Computer Concepts & Applications.
        For the moment, I've stopped taking classes, since my health has gotten worse over the years.

That's sad to hear. What in the *censored* does this have to do with your computer displaying weird symbols?

What handicap software? Why are you throwing these things in?

No you're not.

Amy, do I look like a clown? Am I here to amuse you? I'm starting to lose patience.

reddevilggg

Expert

« Reply #67 on: March 13, 2012, 05:59:35 AM »

This is the problem AmyR7, Raptor asks

Did SE find anything?

Then you answer

Yet you have NOT answered the question, you just babble on about things that we DO NOT need to know.

Try answering the questions and keeping you posts limited to the problem by providing SPECIFIC information only or i fear, after 5 pages of going round in circles, very soon you'll be on your own.
        11 cheers for binary !

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #68 on: March 13, 2012, 07:45:33 AM »
          I had indicated some posts back that i was extracting myself from this thread. However in a desire to try and  help ensure the ongoing sanity of some of the other CH members that seem prepared to persist in this thread i am going to make a suggestion that if the intent is valid (a real problem exists and a practical solution is sought).
          Given that the O/P has stated a self proclaimed diminished capacity allegedly due to medical issues. Also that she/he has often referred to other family members having participated in the progress of this issue. Be it resolved that the O/P shall bring another family member on-board to dialogue with forum members on this thread so as that it can be resolved before everyone that has tried to assist bails out. This suggestion is based on a couple of  premises.
          1. There is an ACTUAL computer related problem to be resolved.
          2. The O/P is NOT endeavoring to set a new CH record for the number of pages devoted to a single post.
          truenorth
          P.S. If anything next stated by the O/P in the thread does NOT deal with implementing the suggestion as stated above the thread be closed.

AmyR7

Topic Starter

Hopeful
          • Hi Everyone!!
            • Funtrivia
          « Reply #69 on: March 13, 2012, 04:20:48 PM »
          It's not being erased, it's just not making any sense so I ask again.

Okay. Maybe you should get your sister onto the forum so I can talk to her...

Are you saying you are NOT American? Because my English is just fine, thank you very much.

Thanks for letting me know. Nice weather we're having today, aye, ma'am?

That's sad to hear. What in the *censored* does this have to do with your computer displaying weird symbols?

What handicap software? Why are you throwing these things in?

No you're not.

Amy, do I look like a clown? Am I here to amuse you? I'm starting to lose patience.

We are sorry to hear that you are upset. This is causing Amy more stress too, which is not good at all for her illnesses, she has to avoid it, and is hard when people are saying things to her, things she can't help.
          Amy is trying her best under the circumstances. Her illnesses cause her to not understand things as well, and
          the handicap software, you don't know about it because you don't deal with handicaps people on a daily basis.
          Having to use more than 1 hand to do things with is difficult, and other tasks too.
          Here is a site if you want to understand more about it
          http://www.microsoft.com/enable/at/matvplist.aspx

No, viruses found. We put the files on a portable hard drive took it home, and no viruses found with SE.

Allan

• Mastermind
          • Experience: Guru
          « Reply #70 on: March 13, 2012, 04:28:05 PM »
          I agree that there have been rude and thoughtless comments in this thread. If others don't have anything helpful to add to this thread, I'm certain they will simply stop posting. And I apologize on behalf of the forum for those offensive comments.

Raptor

« Reply #71 on: March 13, 2012, 04:41:17 PM »
          No, viruses found. We put the files on a portable hard drive took it home, and no viruses found with SE.

It's still vague but at least we're getting somewhere.

So you scanned the external drive but not the actual computer, right? It is important that you scan the entire computer. Preferably using SE.

the handicap software, you don't know about it because you don't deal with handicaps people on a daily basis.

And what exactly is broken about it?

AmyR7

Topic Starter

Hopeful
          • Hi Everyone!!
            • Funtrivia
          « Reply #72 on: March 13, 2012, 05:04:11 PM »
          It's still vague but at least we're getting somewhere.

So you scanned the external drive but not the actual computer, right? It is important that you scan the entire computer. Preferably using SE.

And what exactly is broken about it?
          The files are all the files from the computer. So, yes, the actual computer. All of the files that are on her computer.

We can't get the features set back up to work again.
          1. The voice part of it. For example, if you are looking for a file, you just say the name of the file or files.
          And the punctuation if any in it.
          One of the things the guy did is renamed the files, and we don't know what he renamed them too.
          He was being very vague. So, yes, we understand what vague means.
          2. The Sticky keys, so you don't have to type with both hands.
          So, you don't have to hit more than 1 key at a time
          3. Also, things with the mouse and other things, having to use more physical energy to type at all and move the mouse.
          So, this causes her muscles to hurt much worse.

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #73 on: March 13, 2012, 05:17:59 PM »
            If there was anything that i said in post # 68 that appeared to be rude i sincerely do apologize. Nothing could be further from the truth. All my emphasis of that post was based on there being an actual computer related issue for which a solution was being sought. As one of the earliest responders when the question (at least i thought it was) was "What language is this? " i did in fact do research to answer that precise question. The fact that this thread has gone on for so very long and at times seems to meander in a variety of directions in my view it needed to regain some focus with a more defined objective and hence my suggestion that some other person (familiar with the actual "problem") come on board to assist to that end. truenorth

Raptor

« Reply #74 on: March 13, 2012, 05:25:57 PM »
            1. The voice part of it. For example, if you are looking for a file, you just say the name of the file or files.
            And the punctuation if any in it.

And reinstalling this product does not resolve the situation?

One of the things the guy did is renamed the files, and we don't know what he renamed them too.

Yeah, that's going to be quite impossible to figure out without any prior knowledge. Was there a specific reason that this needed to be done?

2. The Sticky keys, so you don't have to type with both hands.
            So, you don't have to hit more than 1 key at a time

You can enable those by pressing the left shift five times in a row, quickly.

3. Also, things with the mouse and other things, having to use more physical energy to type at all and move the mouse.
            So, this causes her muscles to hurt much worse.

What's wrong with the mouse? You can make it more smooth from the control panel.

patio

• Genius
            • Maud' Dib
              • Yes
            « Reply #75 on: March 14, 2012, 06:40:22 PM »

That has not happened on our end with any of your Posts i can assure you...

As to things straying from advice any and all comments not dealing directly with the issue at hand will be removed from here on.

patio.

AmyR7

Topic Starter

Hopeful
            • Hi Everyone!!
              • Funtrivia
            « Reply #76 on: March 21, 2012, 01:42:09 AM »

Yeah, that's going to be quite impossible to figure out without any prior knowledge. Was there a specific reason that this needed to be done?
            Not sure if I understand your question. Are you asking why the guy renamed the files or the reason for the Remote Access being done?
            And reinstalling this product does not resolve the situation?
            Haven't got to that point yet, still trying to find things that are missing, and correct errors done.
            One of the things the guy messed with is Bill to Ship to stuff.
            When you buy something, you can have the address that the item is going to different than where you live.
            So, for Holidays, birthdays, etc..
            He has messed things like that up. So, put other people information in for our identity is what it looks like he has done for
            alot of things.

Plus it looks like at the moment, the CD and DVD drives don't work right at the moment on mine and same on mom's computer too.
            The last time I was able to get somewhat in my computer (no icons or start button, taskbar, on desktop, trying to figure out where it all went), I went to just look around in the BIOS a bit. It looks like he has done something to where it thinks both drives are the CD drive. Like he somehow messed them up.
            Everything on the screen disappeared when I was looking around in Display 2, to see if that is where things maybe are.
            With as much I know about computers, I've created a temporary way to get around.
            Right clicked on the Desktop, and added some things, and it let me in different areas.
            Here is a site that will show you what I was trying, and caused everything to disappear after doing this, http://www.gis.usu.edu/unix/monitors.html

Since the Remote Access guy keeps saying things about #2 or something similar, and then talking about later on Directory Display. As you can see from the messages he was sending.

Here are some of the things, we are hoping will help clear some things up, and is possibly why you all are saying we are vague. This guy is vague, as you can see.
            But it also will show another thing. about what all he really did. What he renamed things too.
            It shows up all different ways.
            August 11, 2009
            "We must rename all index.html files to index_2.html (or something similar which is different from index.html)."

See how the above, has maybe an underscore between the x and 2.
            But below, that is not there. He also says something about it being temporarily.
            We still can't get him to answer 1 question.
            If we are suppose to rename the files, why does backing things up work just fine, without renaming them?
            He seems to completely ignore that question.
            It's fine if he doesn't know why. He can say, I don't know.
            That would be nicer than just ignoring it all together. The answer he gives
            But, you can also see, how he is telling us to rename them back.
            We can't even find the files, so don't know how to do this.
            He would not have even got to this point if he had stopped along time before this part.
            He asked if the files are the way we want them to be, but seems he didn't understand we were trying to get him
            to stop helping.

November 2, 2009
            "Amy,
            Yeah, you can rename them back to index.html instead of index2.html.  We needed to do that to enable the directory display (as you noticed).  That was helpful for downloading files, but it disables the automatic loading of index.html.  So it was supposed to be temporary."

February 22, 2010
            "I just renamed index to index2 for a special reason... To help me get the files onto my computer. Don't worry about that, you can change them back to index.html if they aren't already."

Here is are a couple of other things he did, 1 of them a bit funny the way he writes what he did. But one of them, since he doesn't know anything much about DVD's is probably why the drives are broken.

March 14, 2010
            "Well, I hate to be stubborn on the details, You're right, I used the passwords to access your sites also"
            April 22, 2010
            "I don't know much about video/DVD recording, but it should work."

You can enable those by pressing the left shift five times in a row, quickly.

What's wrong with the mouse? You can make it more smooth from the control panel.
            Physically I can't do things that fast.
            Can't seem to find anything on making the mouse smooth from control panel. Looked all around.
            It seems to be making me have to use more physical energy to move and do things with the mouse.