Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: What language is this?  (Read 28156 times)

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: What language is this?
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2012, 09:43:54 PM »
I opened the file in Notepad:

Yeah, apparently that isn't the file that looks funky to them. I did ask if it was related, they confirmed that it was, but apparently determining how it's related is a puzzle for us to figure out.
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

Raptor

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2012, 03:44:52 AM »
Yeah, apparently that isn't the file that looks funky to them. I did ask if it was related, they confirmed that it was, but apparently determining how it's related is a puzzle for us to figure out.

;D

AmyR7

Topic Starter

Hopeful
  • Hi Everyone!!
    • Funtrivia
  • Experience: Familiar
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2012, 06:42:31 PM »
In the file, is where I typed out the answers, or I should say, tried answering back questions asked.
About like have I lost access to the computer except in the displayed script.

Transfusion

Mentor

• STUPID=Smart Talented Unique Person In Demand
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2012, 09:30:40 PM »
Related to this unanswered post, perhaps:   http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,119582.msg791034.html#msg791034
From what I gather from the OP's post log OP has been hacked, finally managed to reinstall a website filter on IE, set all her IE settings back to normal, but previously it had gotten to the point where her DNS entries were poisoned and Firefox would also redirect her to unwanted pages. Then she got really unlucky and had a repairman who didn't know how to find bookmarks on her computer, fiddled around with a remote access thing... and... well she can't fill in text boxes on webpages anymore or something to that note.
If I were the OP I would... first gain access to my router by doing a full reset by pressing a certain combination of buttons on your router so as to reset it to its default password, which probably is written down on the underside of the router, backup all documents and passwords and do a reinstall of the OS. A full wipe and reinstall. IE is an integral part of the system and is related to Windows Explorer; there probably has been a lot of damage done. This is also why M$ doesn't allow you to completely uninstall IE from the system; I tried uninstalling IE 8, it brought me back to IE 6.
In Soviet Russia, iPhone touch you. Computer shut you down. Mouse click you. Floppy inserts you. Yahoo answers you. Man in TV watches you. Computer game addicts you. Guitar shreds you. Motherboard fries you. The laughter in manslaughter is put back in.
Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none

Raptor

« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2012, 03:17:13 AM »
Yeah.. Unhook everything, change passwords, reset to defaults .. Don't pick easy passwords next time.

AmyR7

Topic Starter

Hopeful
  • Hi Everyone!!
    • Funtrivia
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2012, 04:47:26 PM »
No, the Notepad file is not related to that post.
It's related to this one on the weird symbols.
What about like the encoding? What does that need to be set to?
We have no idea about that. Tried to ask our ISP, and they didn't seem to know.
We notice that the Encoding setting is located in several places.

That is another post though, but a different problem, all I need to know is what to select from that list of what to convert it from. That is why I put the list of options it gives, I have no idea what I need to select.

Raptor

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2012, 06:05:06 PM »
What exactly is your question? If you need a language expert, this is the wrong forum.

Why would you add a completely unrelated file?

Your encoding should most likely be set to ISO-8859-1. Or UTF 8 or UTF 16. Depends on your needs ...

You do realise decoding isn't going to magically translate that text, right?

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2012, 06:40:57 PM »
I was going to remain out of this thread to try to save my sanity but I can't help myself.

Not sure what you are trying to ask about losing access to the computer?
He was asking if everything on the computer appeared that way. Evidently, it's a file, or something. Of course you've given us no details.

This is my mothers computer at the moment I'm using, since both of ours have been
messed up since this guy who did Remote Access, turned out to be not the Correct
guy we were trying to contact.
Someone pretending to be him. So, his account was hacked, which made it not be the
correct person.
You have a lot of common problems with "repairpersons". I'd just like to point out that the only common variable is you.

A brief description of things we understand about computers, to not waste any time
on things we already know how to do and stuff.
-bunch of meaningless crap-
Right, because when somebody asks, "what language is this" everybody's first reaction is to suggest you do some file management. This has absolutely nothing to do with your issue at all. It just wastes OUR time to read it.

Prior to the Remote Access, things that were working and are no longer working
properly on both computers, are Adobe Shockwave and Flash Player.
Again on my mom's at the moment, when we go to different sites that require it,
there is a message there saying 'This site requires Adobe® Flash™ Player.'
Tried going to download it again, and failed. Gave us a version that is older than
the one we already have.
Also, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.. All of those things not working right
anymore.
You posted in your original post a bunch of text that you suspected to be in the wrong language. How does that fit into this? What does your office applications not working right (which is also meaningless, we don't know what you mean by "not working right") fit into it?

Don't know why he is telling us any of this.
Don't know <you> are telling us any of this, either.

About the only thing I'm trying to remember is, what exactly is it that is allowing things to link together?
Isn't it 1 of the symbols or punctuations that is allowing links to work?
What? What is this about? Are you talking about HTML now? What does this have to do with the original problem?

So, trying to figure out, a way of getting the files back to my computer that belong on mine, that are now
on my mom's and off the internet too, and other files the guy linked together wrong.
Things start with a forward slash in some things. I guess is his method of doing something.
What... again, this seems COMPLETELY irrelevant. How does this tie in with the first post where do you see the seemingly corrupted data? That is far more important than knowing somebody remotely accessed your computer 3 years ago.

I did also just do some other searches around,
Around what? google? your computer? Your house?

A big Summary list of things that went on during the dates that the Remote Access was happening. Alot of functions
he tried to do, looks like failed and stuff, but some things look like he tried to even create a new directories,
and stuff and Uninstall certain things too. Not sure what Softwares and stuff he was using either.
This is also irrelevant.

Since he just says a bunch of very Vague thing about everything.
Sounds familiar.

So, that's it. Absolutely none of what you wrote mentions a problem with text or encoding or weird symbols. You still haven't told us where you see it. You still haven't told us nearly amount of useful details.

It's related to this one on the weird symbols.
as
Is it? How so? you don't mention anything about weird symbols. Nor where you are seeing them, etc.

What about like the encoding? What does that need to be set to?
We have no idea about that. Tried to ask our ISP, and they didn't seem to know.
We notice that the Encoding setting is located in several places.
all I need to know is what to select from that list of what to convert it from.
We don't know what program you are using. We don't know how you got the text file. We don't even know if it's a text file, all we know is you are seeing garbled text. We don't even know what garbled text you are seeing, since you mention that copy paste isn't working, and yet presumably that's the only way it would have gotten into the original post. For all we know as well, It could be that you decided to open a some random data file in notepad.

That is why I put the list of options it gives, I have no idea what I need to select.
What list? where is it, what is "it"? etc.

The other thread- Your associations are hooped. In fact, it could be that some random file type like dat is associated with notepad, and that is what you are seeing that caused the original post, for which you've yet to flesh out any amount of details.
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

Raptor

« Reply #23 on: February 29, 2012, 11:38:45 AM »
I'm having a very hard time understanding this thread. So the .txt file was a response to us?

AmyR7

Topic Starter

Hopeful
  • Hi Everyone!!
    • Funtrivia
« Reply #24 on: February 29, 2012, 03:33:58 PM »
I'm having a very hard time understanding this thread. So the .txt file was a response to us?
Yes. I wrote it out using Notepad.

He was asking if everything on the computer appeared that way. Evidently, it's a file, or something. Of course you've given us no details.
You have a lot of common problems with "repairpersons". I'd just like to point out that the only common variable is you.
Right, because when somebody asks, "what language is this" everybody's first reaction is to suggest you do some file management. This has absolutely nothing to do with your issue at all. It just wastes OUR time to read it.

You posted in your original post a bunch of text that you suspected to be in the wrong language. How does that fit into this? What does your office applications not working right (which is also meaningless, we don't know what you mean by "not working right") fit into it?
Yes, the Reunion forms we had to fill out. Uses Microsoft Word, to fill it out. That is one of the formats that she sent it in.
The previous Reunion, which occured prior to the Remote Access, we did not have any of those problems with the forms.
So, yes, something related to what the Remote Access guy broke.

Don't know <you> are telling us any of this, either.
Because, he uses a Cellphone, Iphone, Mobile Phone. We don't use them. So, do not know the functions they do. These are the functions he must have done since yes, he uses a Blackberry. And that is what he mentions in his message about Shockwave, Flashplayer, that stuff not working on those.
So, if someone tries to perform those functions on a device that it's not, then I would suspect would cause issues, and may even break things. Depending on what all you do.
[/quote]

What? What is this about? Are you talking about HTML now? What does this have to do with the original problem?
What... again, this seems COMPLETELY irrelevant. How does this tie in with the first post where do you see the seemingly corrupted data? That is far more important than knowing somebody remotely accessed your computer 3 years ago.
Around what? google? your computer? Your house?
This is also irrelevant.
Sounds familiar.

So, that's it. Absolutely none of what you wrote mentions a problem with text or encoding or weird symbols. You still haven't told us where you see it. You still haven't told us nearly amount of useful details.

as
Is it? How so? you don't mention anything about weird symbols. Nor where you are seeing them, etc.
We don't know what program you are using. We don't know how you got the text file. We don't even know if it's a text file, all we know is you are seeing garbled text. We don't even know what garbled text you are seeing, since you mention that copy paste isn't working, and yet presumably that's the only way it would have gotten into the original post. For all we know as well, It could be that you decided to open a some random data file in notepad.
What list? where is it, what is "it"? etc.
We see the stuff in the wrong language in Mozilla, Word, Excel and Powerpoint files, DVD's and CD's.
So, yes, the language is set wrong. Don't know how to get it back to English when in a different language. Since English is appearing in the list in the language it is in.
I'm still trying to get my handicapped software and all working again. It's important to get all that working again. Keeps injuring me worse.  :'(
Sorry, if I'm vague on anything. It's even more difficult, since the last tech turned out the way he was, and is vague himself, which he does write one of the days saying he is being vague on details.
We just are not that lucky in life. I guess that is why we keep having all these problems in life.  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Raptor

« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2012, 05:13:57 AM »
Your style of writing is very confusing. It reads like a conversation with someone from outer space to be honest.

I'm going to throw in the towel until you ask some direct questions and provide the information that will help us understand the variables at play. I don't really care if "remote control guy" broke something, just say that "X software is broken and displays X error on X operating system under condition X and X" instead of "We used to be able to read language X but now we feel that it was bladiblabla who broke bladiblabla and here's a file written in notepad"

And prevent writing things like this: that stuff not working on those.

Because that makes absolutely no sense to me. what stuff isn't working on what?

AmyR7

Topic Starter

Hopeful
  • Hi Everyone!!
    • Funtrivia
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2012, 10:46:27 AM »
Your style of writing is very confusing. It reads like a conversation with someone from outer space to be honest.

I'm going to throw in the towel until you ask some direct questions and provide the information that will help us understand the variables at play. I don't really care if "remote control guy" broke something, just say that "X software is broken and displays X error on X operating system under condition X and X" instead of "We used to be able to read language X but now we feel that it was bladiblabla who broke bladiblabla and here's a file written in notepad"

And prevent writing things like this: that stuff not working on those.

Because that makes absolutely no sense to me. what stuff isn't working on what?
Looks like we need to find someplace else. Seems like all the time we have called technicians want to know all the history, including things the previous techs did, so that they don't either repeat something they did, or in case it is something that the previous one did that is now causing any new problems that were not happening prior to what they did.

The Software, Programs on the Computer, is what is not working properly.
When we open up
1. Mozilla, IE, any browsers
2, Microsoft Word,
3. Microsoft Excel
4. Microsoft PowerPoint
5. Put DVD's and CD's in the DVD/CD Combo Drives
6. Adobe Flashplayer/Shockwave
Those are a list of the things that do not work properly anymore.

Raptor

« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2012, 11:13:18 AM »
The Software, Programs on the Computer, is what is not working properly.
When we open up
1. Mozilla, IE, any browsers
2, Microsoft Word,
3. Microsoft Excel
4. Microsoft PowerPoint
5. Put DVD's and CD's in the DVD/CD Combo Drives
6. Adobe Flashplayer/Shockwave
Those are a list of the things that do not work properly anymore.

Getting there.. So what is it about these programs that isn't working properly?

AmyR7

Topic Starter

Hopeful
  • Hi Everyone!!
    • Funtrivia
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2012, 04:16:03 PM »
Here is a picture, this is what comes up, when I try to open up and fill out the form for the Reunion.
So, something with the forms is not working properly anymore. I guess some setting having to do
with filling out the forms that the guy changed when doing the Remote Access, to cause this to
happen.
Same with other files we try to open using Microsoft Word. This same box comes up, that was not happening before.
So, we have no idea what from the list to even select.

[year+ old attachment deleted by admin]

Transfusion

Mentor

• STUPID=Smart Talented Unique Person In Demand
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2012, 11:23:43 PM »
What are the file extensions of the files you are attempting to open? .docx? .doc?
In Soviet Russia, iPhone touch you. Computer shut you down. Mouse click you. Floppy inserts you. Yahoo answers you. Man in TV watches you. Computer game addicts you. Guitar shreds you. Motherboard fries you. The laughter in manslaughter is put back in.
Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none