Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: What language is this?  (Read 28134 times)

AmyR7

Topic Starter

Hopeful
  • Hi Everyone!!
    • Funtrivia
  • Experience: Familiar
Re: What language is this?
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2012, 08:07:41 PM »
What are the file extensions of the files you are attempting to open? .docx? .doc?
The reunion forms, she sent 2 of them, 1 of them was .docx
Other was .pdf, which yes, that 1 uses the Adobe software.
The other odd thing, is the 1st time she sent them out, 1 of them I never received at all. Not sure where it went.
2nd time, she sent them, both I did receive, but still couldn't fill out anything, and the 1 came up with that convert box I sent.

Just looking around a bit, and came across something. Not sure if this has anything to do with the Japanese, Chinese characters. My nephew recently added some new stuff, like Netfilx, stuff like that if we want to do it.
This thing I came across is talking about 2channel.
Maybe we are somehow on a foreign channel somehow. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2channel

Raptor

« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2012, 04:50:06 AM »
So when you open any of the aforementioned programs you are asked to convert files, correct?

AmyR7

Topic Starter

Hopeful
  • Hi Everyone!!
    • Funtrivia
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2012, 04:59:49 PM »
Just when trying to open the file, like the Reunion thing.
Here is a picture too, of an area I was looking around in, and made me think of something, so I typed it below the picture, something I thought of about a possible reason.

[year+ old attachment deleted by admin]

AmyR7

Topic Starter

Hopeful
  • Hi Everyone!!
    • Funtrivia
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2012, 09:08:49 PM »
Just thought of something. One of the other things which keeps getting messed up is the Date and Time. Things keep resetting itself to Monday, April 28, 2003, and of course the time too is wrong too. Forgot to write that down. I'll try to remember next time we have to shut it down by the PowerStrip that it is plugged into, which turns the whole thing off.
Then of course all the programs keep saying we need to update them, of course until we have a chance to set everything up correctly.
Anyways, possibly that could be causing the wrong language settings somehow. Like maybe some of the programs are updating themselves and then somehow doing it in the wrong country and other settings like that.
When the machine comes back on, we hit remind me later for most things, or closing out if there is a way to close it, or cancel. Not sure if it is somehow automatically updating the versions later on somehow, when we are not around.
Or is there anyway to go in and cancel the Remind me later thing?
Like Shockwave Flashplayer is one of the things that needs updating.
Also, here is a picture, because again we are having a problem when using some things, like Webkinz, here are a couple of pictures, telling what it needs. But we already have it. Tried to see if it would let us do anything, and nope, all it does is tried to download an older version.
Even though the message shows up where the Login Button is suppose to be, we can still Login a different way, just by clicking this Login words down lower on screen, and lets me login.

Thanks,
Amy

Raptor

« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2012, 03:19:21 AM »
I'll try to remember next time we have to shut it down by the PowerStrip that it is plugged into, which turns the whole thing

Sounds like the BIOS battery needs to be replaced.

When the machine comes back on, we hit remind me later for most things, or closing out if there is a way to close it, or cancel. Not sure if it is somehow automatically updating the versions later on somehow, when we are not around.

Replace the BIOS battery, set the right time and then try to run the updating service for Windows and other programs.

The time is very important for a machine, it must be fixed.

Do you have a virusscanner installed?

AmyR7

Topic Starter

Hopeful
  • Hi Everyone!!
    • Funtrivia
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2012, 02:50:01 AM »
Don't think that is the problem. Since it happens just when you have things off all the way. Hard reset thing. Same thing happens with the date and time on our LG DVD/VHS Combo too.
Things are all messed up, and give all kinds of errors, in our Recording area/programming area,
until we get the time and date adjusted back.

So, probably something is setting the Language wrong. So, English is listed in the wrong language, is why we can't find it in the list, it's there, but not in English.

Plus then all the other incorrect settings with things that the Remote Access guy messed up too, is when all the problems started.
Yes, we have AVG. We even have so much other stuff my brother-in-law came over and installed on both machines prior to the Remote Access guy.
My brother-in-law installed:
1. Ccleaner
2. ATF Cleaner
3. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
4. Spybot Search & Destroy
5. HijackThis
6. Ad-aware
7. Ad-Aware SE Personal

Then we still have the issue with getting things offline we don't want online is why we can't do anything either. If we go in Windows Explorer, every single file is online. Status column says online for everything. So, is the other reason it doesn't seem to let us even edit anything. Says its being used or says busy (like it's trying to make a phone call or something).

All this stuff is just causing way too much stress for us all.
Scared it will give my mom a heart attack, and I keep having worse problems with my health. The Medical Alert thing I wear is all hooked up to these things, so that can't be disabled or anything either, and if anything wrong gets done, I guess someone could even send an electrical shock to it and shock me, not sure.

Raptor

« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2012, 03:41:46 AM »
Don't think that is the problem. Since it happens just when you have things off all the way. Hard reset thing. Same thing happens with the date and time on our LG DVD/VHS Combo too.

Fix the time first. Then we continue.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2012, 03:55:01 AM »
Don't think that is the problem.
I thought the reason you were here was because you didn't know what the cause of the problem was. if you want advice, take it. Don't just shoot it down with non answers like "I don't think that is the problem"- that doesn't confirm anything. And comparing your PC to a freaking VHS machine is downright ridiculous.

Since it happens just when you have things off all the way. Hard reset thing.
The battery helps keep the time and other settings intact when the machine is off.

So, probably something is setting the Language wrong. So, English is listed in the wrong language, is why we can't find it in the list, it's there, but not in English.
No. The text on your original post is not in another language, it's a text file with the wrong encoding.

My brother-in-law installed:
1. Ccleaner
2. ATF Cleaner
3. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
4. Spybot Search & Destroy
5. HijackThis
6. Ad-aware
7. Ad-Aware SE Personal
WOW almost 7 programs consuming probably a hundred megabytes altogether! INSANITY! (that is sarcasm, by the way, those are small, useful programs that won't do anything harmful, unless you force them to.

Then we still have the issue with getting things offline we don't want online is why we can't do anything either. If we go in Windows Explorer, every single file is online. Status column says online for everything. So, is the other reason it doesn't seem to let us even edit anything. Says its being used or says busy (like it's trying to make a phone call or something).

The status column is only relevant for remote files. Which files have this status? Where are they?

All this stuff is just causing way too much stress for us all.
Scared it will give my mom a heart attack, and I keep having worse problems with my health. The Medical Alert thing I wear is all hooked up to these things, so that can't be disabled or anything either, and if anything wrong gets done, I guess someone could even send an electrical shock to it and shock me, not sure.

OK, now I'm convinced you are an elaborate troll.
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

AmyR7

Topic Starter

Hopeful
  • Hi Everyone!!
    • Funtrivia
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2012, 05:14:37 AM »
Sorry, we do not want to waste your time, when we know that the time is not the problem. Already had that checked out, and other things too.
Our computers are not like yours though. They have DVD/CD's players/Recorders all are part of them, and then the Tv/monitor whatever you want to call it. All separate components.

All of our files are online. Files that have our credit card information and other personal information in them. Microsoft Word Files, PowerPoint, Excel, Notepad, Wordpad, Emails we get from our relatives and everyone is going online too, files which have Personal Medical Information in it too.
Credit card # did get stolen after the Remote Access thing, and the things with the Reunion Forms, not being able to fill them out at all this year, but were for the 10 year Reunion (which occurred before the Remote Access hacker, yes the Repairman was hacked, so it wasn't the correct guy).

Here is a picture of the Language, not a text file.
I have 1 more picture, it says it's too large, so have to do it separate I guess.

AmyR7

Topic Starter

Hopeful
  • Hi Everyone!!
    • Funtrivia
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2012, 05:17:11 AM »
Here is another picture.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2012, 05:27:40 AM »
Sorry, we do not want to waste your time, when we know that the time is not the problem.
How do you know?
Already had that checked out, and other things too.
So I take it these "other things" you'll just happen to mention if anybody else thinks of it?

Our computers are not like yours though.
Apparently not. See, all computers I've used have been entirely deterministic and predictable. Yours seems to be some sort of crossbreed between a finicky VCR and a language translator, and seems to consistently give you problems. The problem exists elsewhere, but I won't get into that chestnut.

They have DVD/CD's players/Recorders all are part of them, and then the Tv/monitor whatever you want to call it. All separate components.
My Computer has the DVD in the case. the monitor is separate. If they were together it would be an all in one.

Of course neither situation makes it a VCR.

All of our files are online. Files that have our credit card information and other personal information in them. Microsoft Word Files, PowerPoint, Excel, Notepad, Wordpad, Emails we get from our relatives and everyone is going online too, files which have Personal Medical Information in it too.
Quote from:
Which files have this status? Where are they?

Credit card # did get stolen after the Remote Access thing
How do you know this.

Here is a picture of the Language, not a text file.
When I go to that site (which I had to guess, thanks for the detail) there is no text (of any language) in that panel.

Raptor

« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2012, 05:32:36 AM »
Amy: focus.

You will disregard any train of thought you currently have going and listen:

You will fix the time. Then you will report back as to how you fixed the time.
If you do not fix the time and if you do not report back on the exact steps you took, I will assume that you are a troll.

Notice the lack of responses to your posts? That's because people already think you are a troll. Is that your intention? To never be taken serious again on this forum?

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2012, 06:41:17 AM »
    "people already think you are a troll" = truenorth

AmyR7

Topic Starter

Hopeful
    • Hi Everyone!!
      • Funtrivia
    « Reply #43 on: March 09, 2012, 06:12:50 PM »
    We are sorry for any problems we caused you all.

Was just trying to get some help. As more things have happened since the last time I post about the problems.
    More clues that could help on figuring out what settings and stuff we need to change, that the Remote Guy changed.

That is why I mentioned about the Reunion forms, that was a new thing, since filling out the forms worked just fine in the past, before the Remote Access Service occurred.

Since we go to the Doctors all the time due to more than 1 chronic illness I have, yes, things develop down the road that help them diagnose what is going on. More symptoms and all, to help diagnose what is going on.
    Which that is the other problem too, I should not have to mention it, but I guess I will, that I really need to get this fixed because it's also affecting my health, causing me to have to use more of my physical strength I keep noticing to type. Like something is getting turned off, causing me to have to hit the keys harder, and same with the mouse, having to do things with that. So, trying to get my handicap software backup and running properly, that is broken too.

Since you all are not willing to help anymore, looks like we will have to go somewhere else then.
    We really need to get the files backed up and all off my mom's at the moment, that she is scared will die soon, and is hoping will last so she can communicate with a friend of hers.

Yes, at the moment, the date and time is correct.
    We put the Time on the correct time, day, year, all of that.
    So, yes, it is keeping time just fine. Changing the time just fine.

On my computer, no problems with the Date and Time. Problem with mine at the moment, is somehow all the icons and all are not on the screen anymore. I'm not sure how to get it back on. It happened when I was trying to see if maybe Display #2 is where all my stuff is. Since the all the thing the Remote Guy keeps saying is index 2 is basically the backup. Since we still cannot find what the guy is trying to say. Since he is vague like he is. Trying everything I can to get things working again. So, in the plug and play section, since that is the type of features we have, trying to get 

Also, you all asked again, What files have the status and where are they?
    Sorry if we don't understand what you are asking for. Thought we already said it.
    The files on my mom's computer. All the files and the folders that are on her computer.
    Files from:
    1. Microsoft Word
    2. Microsoft Excel
    3. Microsoft PowerPoint
    4. Pictures and other things. Just got things my uncle sent, and all that is now online too.
    5. So, some of the files also have my credit card and other information in them too are online too
    Which like I said, we had to cancel it. The credit card company called saying someone is trying to figure out if it's valid,
    which means they are fixing to use it. So, suggested we just cancel it.

So, I guess we are done then, if you all are wanting my mom's computer to change the battery. Don't even know who we would call to do it. Plus she can't deal with this, just got out of hospital.
    I'm just scared. Sorry.
     :'(

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    « Reply #44 on: March 09, 2012, 07:09:00 PM »
    If you do not fix the time and if you do not report back on the exact steps you took, I will assume that you are a troll.
    Case Closed, it would seem.